Josh Pate on Can Nebraska football still be fixed

On 9/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, TGHusker said:

One reason I think Frost survives this year regardless of record is reflected in this article below.  Our OL inexperience/young age.  As the article points out, it normally takes 3 years for OL players to develop into the type of player that is needed to be successful.  We aren't there - not even close.  One could argue, that as the OL goes so does the team as a whole.  The OL creates sustained drives, which keeps the D off the field (as well as the other team's Offense) and hopefully therefore a productive offense that outscores the opponent.    The argument for staying the course for one more year is to allow time for the pipeline to develop.  So one has to consider the turnover of MR players, the covid year and the development issues at key spots  - OL, RB and WR.  My gut tells me that Frost will be our coach in 2022 for these reasons. That is my hunch now but if we have many blow out losses or a 2-4 win season, the development of the OL might become the job of a new coach. 

https://www.si.com/college/nebraska/football/ode-to-offensive-linemen

Coach Frost will be our coach in 2022 for two reasons; 1.) He is one of the state's favorite sons and 2.) Alternatives are limited given the investment we have made in this staff.  Position development, recruiting, S&C, etc. are all kabuki theater intended to keep you engaged.   And for HI, the newspapers, and other pay publications it is good business.

UTSA did to Illinois with one week's preparation what we could not with an entire offseason.  The problems are much larger than the select items you or others have highlighted.  That said, we can pridefully claim that we overwhelmed a team of 5 stars this past weekend in Lincoln (Fordham).  5 star academics if we need to be clear.

On 9/7/2021 at 3:01 PM, TGHusker said: