getting impatient

USCfan

haha well put husker Rob...

Well thanks for the high respect for USC...we just lost our starting FB for the year. So, we have now lost our starting FB, one of the safeties, one of the CB, our starting TB, and our QB has a gimpy back......

I am sure all you guys are right I am being too harsh on them I am sure they will have a good year.

How ironic. The prohibative favorite for starting quarterback for Arkansas has missed at least 4 or 5 practices with...a strained back. Their star running back - a freshman All American last year who was being touted as a possible SEC MVP - is out with a dislocated toe (the moron got in a fight at a local bar over a girl, and in the process of trying to beat up the other guy started kicking him when his shoe came off and he kicked the pavement - damn near severed his toe). One of their starting defensive ends is lost for most of the season with an ACL-type injury, and their secondary has been losing kids to injuries and transfers right and left.

The sooners will do alright this year. They replace their QB and their offensive line but they have a great defense. But unless they find a way to beat the horns we will probably play Texas twice this season.

Can't be that hard. Remember, back in the recent day until last year? The Red River shootout was the game Texas couldn't win, ever since Oklahoma destroyed them 63-14 or something in 2000. My friend a Longhorn fan has been moaning about that for a while, until this year.

USC will be fine this year. John David Booty or Mark Sanchez, I think they'll still come out with a great year, if the recent past is any indication. I mean, three of their last two starting quarterbacks are in the NFL.

USC just reloads. You know they have another FB or two and other DBs who will be ready to go. Booty is suppose to carrry on the QB tradition. I see no more than two losses. We may have a shot at them, but you have to favor USC with their talent and home-field advantage. Also the USC-ND game could be a classic.

Ok first of all don't you hate Oklahoma?? 

I save all my hate for Colorado

I'm getting impatient too. Mods, is there anyway to speed-up your countdown to kickoff?

USC isn't going to be 5-6...but Notre Dame could be. They have to play Penn State, Michigan and USC PLUS play Purdue, Michigan State and UCLA. They will win all their games against the military teams, North Carolina and Stanford - but the rest are tough games.

As much as I dislike Notre Dame, I don't see them finishing with a 5-6 record. I know they have some tough games but their offense is loaded with talent and Charlie Weis is not going to be outcoached by anyone. They will probally lose 2 or 3 but the media will still put in the top ten and they will get an undeserving trip to a BCS game.

As much as I dislike Notre Dame, I don't see them finishing with a 5-6 record. I know they have some tough games but their offense is loaded with talent and Charlie Weis is not going to be outcoached by anyone. They will probally lose 2 or 3 but the media will still put in the top ten and they will get an undeserving trip to a BCS game.

I actually like Notre Dame - except that they are media darlings. But, I think the school has great tradition and they have a good fan base. And I think that Weis is heck of a coach. That being said...I just don't think they can make it to a BCS game. It's very possible that they'll begin the season 1-2...2-1 if they are lucky. Michigan State and Purdue always plays the Irish tough. I would wager that ND splits those games. USC and UCLA...they will probably split those games two. So, at a minimum, I see them with four losses. I can see you point. It is quite fathomable that the Irish can end up with only 2 or 3 losses. In that case, they would deserve a BCS game, IMO, even if the media hypes them up.

i wish that were true..........i am sick of hearing about the damn Irish.....but they will be in a BCS bowl game, no doubt about that.....

hunter

I would be willing to bet you any amount of money that Notre Dame won't make a BSC game, no team with that kind of defense and the schedule they play will make a BSC game and with conference championship