O-Line and Matt Herian

The morning practice featured increased physicality on both sides of the ball as the Nebraska coaches worked the team through a series of full-speed, full-contact plays in a 60-play scrimmage. During the scrimmage, the Huskers worked the spectrum of situational plays including practicing both red zone and goal-line maneuvers.

“We had a little red zone sequence and then we brought the ball down to the goal line and installed our goal line tactics,” Head Coach Bill Callahan said. “We ran our normal blitz pick-up and we had a regular situational scrimmage. We just let them go.”

Callahan assessed the performance of the team following the scrimmage, indicating that he is happy with the progress the players are making in all areas of the game, but specifically on the offensive side of the ball.

“Both sides are doing really well,” Callahan said. “I’m really excited about the improvements of our running game. I think that’s coming along. Our offensive linemen are more in tune. They are more tied together in everything we’re doing.”

Callahan also commented on the progress of tight end Matt Herian as he makes his return to the Nebraska lineup this season following a redshirt season in 2005.

“Matt is continuing to get confidence the more reps he gets,” Callahan said. “You can see his speed and quickness beginning to emerge. You can see him getting more comfortable and more confident and that’s the big thing. He’s more confident in his cutting, his blocking and everything that he’s doing as a player.”

:restore

If he gets back to the way he was in 2004, that would be so good. Think of that Swift,Nunn, and Herian. Would be some good recievers, although Herian is a tightend he does get a lot of recieving yards

:yeah It's exciting to think about Herian the way he once was. If he can be use on the play action plays, going over the middle, this O could be dangerous. I hope he can get somewhere near to where he used to be.

If he gets back to the way he was in 2004, that would be so good. Think of that Swift,Nunn, and Herian. Would be some good recievers, although Herian is a tightend he does get a lot of recieving yards

:yeah It's exciting to think about Herian the way he once was. If he can be use on the play action plays, going over the middle, this O could be dangerous. I hope he can get somewhere near to where he used to be.

Jay Norvell has been saying good things in taht regard since the spring.