Secondary suffers another blow

You know I couldn't help but chuckle when I read that. It isn't funny at all but shees, how bad of luck could we get, the thinnest position on the team is the one getting beat up.

The worst part about Jones and his Hammy, it seems as though those are recurring injuries, i had a pulled hamstring my senior year of highschool and it didnt completely heal until I graduated and took it easy for the summer. IIRC both Fluellen and Bowman last year had hammy problems for quite awhile.

i think that both players will have their time to recover and be good as new come time to play in the first game of the season sure its ok to worry about it but come on these guys are no dieon sanders and wont play cuase of a stubbed toe

these are husker football players theyll be ready to go

Yeah, minor injuries. I rolled my ankle really bad about 2 months ago playing basketball and I still feel some pain from it occasionally. They should be able to play, but they won't be completely healed till after the season is over. Legs are the most important thing for a cornerback.

Yeah, minor injuries. I rolled my ankle really bad about 2 months ago playing basketball and I still feel some pain from it occasionally. They should be able to play, but they won't be completely healed till after the season is over. Legs are the most important thing for a cornerback.

That's probably the difference between you and a guy that is in great shape, it's all about the recovery time. Not saying you aren't in good shape, I have no idea, but these guys are D1 cornerbacks who go through pretty rough conditioning. Bowman pulled his hammy in first game against Maine and he took over as starter in the fourth or fifth game of the season. I think Dre will be just fine, but he doesn't need to rush back by tomorrow.

Yeah, minor injuries.  I rolled my ankle really bad about 2 months ago playing basketball and I still feel some pain from it occasionally.  They should be able to play, but they won't be completely healed till after the season is over.  Legs are the most important thing for a cornerback.

That's probably the difference between you and a guy that is in great shape, it's all about the recovery time. Not saying you aren't in good shape, I have no idea, but these guys are D1 cornerbacks who go through pretty rough conditioning. Bowman pulled his hammy in first game against Maine and he took over as starter in the fourth or fifth game of the season. I think Dre will be just fine, but he doesn't need to rush back by tomorrow.

When you run on a regular basis, it doesn't give your legs much of an opportunity to heal. The only time my ankle is ever sore is if I have been playing ball and having to change directions quickly. I suppose I am not on the same level of conditioning of a D-1 athlete, but leg pain doesn't go away quickly. Hopefully these guys are feeling better and ready to go by the start of the season.

I tore up my ankle sliding into a base after my junior year in HS. I am now 30. I can't ice skate and have to take it easy wakeboarding. Also, when it gets really cold, my ankle aches. Plus, all the ligaments were torn on the outside of my foot/ankle, so it completely gives if I step in a hole or on uneven ground.

Plus, my therapist back then told me I'd probably get arthritis.

Take it from me, ankles can be a bitch...

Dang it... :bang

Hamstrings can be a "pain"  ;)

Although mine have always healed fairly quickly whenever they got hurt... Within a week or so.

that is, if it's a "MINOR" injury.

nothing to add to your post Nalow, just love that avatar :thumbs

lol, thanks!

I've always liked yours.... haha :funnyhahah