The USC game

Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I have found out what the final outcome of the USC/Nebraska game is going to be according to EA Sports NCAA 2007.

I just finished up a game of USC vs. Nebraska at USC stadium...and the final score:

Nebraska 28, USC 7

That's right folks, Nebraska will win.

I know it's hard to believe that I can see the future...but once the game is played for real, you will see I am right.

Taylor will go 8 for 16 with 1 touchdown, and 176 passing yards.

Rushing yardage will only total 143 yards...with a few lengthy runs.

The defense will be king of the game as we'll hold them to 194 total yards... -9 rushing yards, and 12 for 21 passing percentage.

At halftime, it will be 21-7 with USC scoring a 72 yard passing touchdown right before the end of the first half.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Sorry for the spoiler though.

:power

I played it through on XBOX 360... and I had Bowman redshirt for the year so I thought I might be in some trouble. First play from scrimmage, USC had a 75 TD run. I answered back with a 12 play TD drive. Jarrett then runs back the kickoff! I stormed down and scored again. The game slowed down after that and I won a shoot out 42 - 38.

dude........with our secondary? :wtf are you kidding me?? i am hoping for a close game in "their house".......this is not gonna be easy......i like your confidence but this is not gonna be easy...no way......

hunter

Yeah I think I'd have to agree. Saying that we'll win by more than 10 points can only be classified as "wildly optimistic" given that we'll be playing one of the most talented teams in the country at their home. Let's not forget that they have the best wide receiver in the country, and virtually all of their starters were 5 star recruits even if they don't have experience. If Nebraska wins I'll be ecstatic. If Nebraska keeps it within 14, I'll be happy. I'd give NU a 1 in 3 chance of a win- even if we don't I think we'll keep it close though. The game will hinge on whether we can put pressure on the QB right away before the receivers can get open.

I agree it will be a tough game, but a win will not suprise me. They will be returning a lot of good players and have some highly touted recruits, but look at our recruiting class, none of the freshmen made a outstanding contribution last year. Can you imagine if Lucky would have been the starter all year. It takes awhile to make the transition to high level college football, it is very very rare that a freshmen steps in and makes a huge impact, let alone USC having many step in. Our experienced defense will give there offense some troubles and will keep us in the game. Our offense is going to have to win it for us. They are more talented yes, but we are much more experienced across the board and that will go a long ways.

dude........with our secondary? :wtf are you kidding me?? i am hoping for a close game in "their house".......this is not gonna be easy......i like your confidence but this is not gonna be easy...no way......

hunter

I wish you weren't right.

They wont have to rely on freshman.... they have four and five star players who have been riding pine for the last three years waiting to get their shot. The only thing we have going for us really is that they will be breaking in a new quarterback and it will be early in the year. We are a very good team. USC could continue to be a juggernaut or could be a good to mediocre team depending on how they come together to play. This entire game is a giant questionmark as far as I am concerned.

I believe USC will again be an offensive powerhouse making a win on thier home field a horse race. We will need to be able to put up a lot of points and do so in a hurry. A good ground game to keep the linebackers and secondary honest with the short to medium range passing game clicking on all cylinders will be a must. Cosgrove will need to find a way to keep pressure on the QB to prevent them from having the time in the pocket to throw the long ball and thus prevent the big plays in the passing game.