RB Arnold Barnes [Tulane - Signed LOI]

Mavric

To which school will Barnes commit?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Barnes commit?

• Nebraska
    • Iowa
    • Auburn

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Sucks, probably damaged the relationship with Stanley Morgan as a result too.... why do we keep alienating former players who should be our best promoters? 

Did we alienate smj?  If this kid isn't a fit, he's not a fit.  No disrespect. 

I don't think recruiting only players with relationships with former huskers, or only kids that went to schools of former huskers is a super sound strategy. 

Lean on that, use it as you need it.  Always keep the door open for your former players, but never make them a crutch.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Cobra Kai said:

Did we alienate smj?  If this kid isn't a fit, he's not a fit.  No disrespect. 

I don't think recruiting only players with relationships with former huskers, or only kids that went to schools of former huskers is a super sound strategy. 

Lean on that, use it as you need it.  Always keep the door open for your former players, but never make them a crutch.

Never said that should be a strategy, but this kid is SJM's cousin, as posted above, he was stoked his cousin was going to be a 'Sker. Dropping this kid by "choosing not to communicate" is bound to leave a sour taste in SJM's mouth. Just saying, we've seen it with Clester, probably going to see it with Benning, Raiola, etc. These guys should be our ambassadors, not ones counseling their kids and others to steer clear. 

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Never said that should be a strategy, but this kid is SJM's cousin, as posted above, he was stoked his cousin was going to be a 'Sker. Dropping this kid by "choosing not to communicate" is bound to leave a sour taste in SJM's mouth. Just saying, we've seen it with Clester, probably going to see it with Benning, Raiola, etc. These guys should be our ambassadors, not ones counseling their kids and others to steer clear. 

I'm not smj...but I played in college.  My wife was a college athlete as well.  If my kids decide to play at the next level I'll be damned if I'm going to make it about me.

It's what's best for the kid and the program.  Not mom's and dads, aunts or uncles.

I get what you're saying.  I'm guessing smj is just fine.  If not, I'm sure they'll all be fine down the road.  

No school is obligated to recruit previous player's family...and they all know that.  For them to get butt hurt about it is kinda silly.  

It's a foot in the door that should be used as needed,  yes.  But it better not be the be all end all strategy. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to RB Arnold Barnes [Tulane - Signed LOI]