ESPN's Joe Schad Reports Keller is N!

It's cool & all, but do we REALLY need him? Only 1 year to play? :wacko:

That's what I was thinking. It would seem more logical to me to go after some players for the secondary? And will Keller really be all that he's cracked up to be here at NU? It's been said the NU playbook is one of the more extensive playbooks in D-1A. Will Keller really be able to learn it? He was a stellar QB while at ASU last year but how do the offensive schemes compare? Was ASU's less difficult or equal to Cali's WCO?

I'm not holding my breath. If he turns out to be a good QB, great. If not, well...sometimes the best QB isn't THE best QB out there.

It's cool & all, but do we REALLY need him? Only 1 year to play?  :wacko:

That's what I was thinking. It would seem more logical to me to go after some players for the secondary? And will Keller really be all that he's cracked up to be here at NU? It's been said the NU playbook is one of the more extensive playbooks in D-1A. Will Keller really be able to learn it? He was a stellar QB while at ASU last year but how do the offensive schemes compare? Was ASU's less difficult or equal to Cali's WCO?

I'm not holding my breath. If he turns out to be a good QB, great. If not, well...sometimes the best QB isn't THE best QB out there.

he will have a whole year to learn it and watch Zac play in it....he will be fine

hunter

It's cool & all, but do we REALLY need him? Only 1 year to play? :wacko:

I think its worth a shot, who do we have for next year? I don't think Ganz or Davis is the answer (could be wrong), and Witt won't be ready next year (assuming he signs), that leaves Hildebrand who is a total unknown. Had good stats coming out of hs, but did nothing at OSU and was hurt after 5 games at his juco. I'm not saying this guy is going to come in and put up godlike numbers, but he is another option and will increase competition. His stats for last year were impressive though, 2000+ yards in what 7 games or so. It also buys some time to get another qb in here next year, hopefully 2, a juco and another hs, so they can be groomed and be ready to play.

It's cool & all, but do we REALLY need him? Only 1 year to play?  :wacko:

I think its worth a shot, who do we have for next year? I don't think Ganz or Davis is the answer (could be wrong), and Witt won't be ready next year (assuming he signs), that leaves Hildebrand who is a total unknown. Had good stats coming out of hs, but did nothing at OSU and was hurt after 5 games at his juco. I'm not saying this guy is going to come in and put up godlike numbers, but he is another option and will increase competition. His stats for last year were impressive though, 2000+ yards in what 7 games or so. It also buys some time to get another qb in here next year, hopefully 2, a juco and another hs, so they can be groomed and be ready to play.

:yeah Ditto x1000