ESPN's Joe Schad Reports Keller is N!

I guess I'm looking at this differently in that the offensive schemes could very well be different. He may have been able to excel as well as he did at ASU because of the offensive scheme was simpler to learn than the WCO NU is using. Is he going to be able to put aside what he learned at ASU and drown himself in learning the WCO here well enough he can be an effective QB next year? I dunno...

I'm not saying he's not a good QB. I think he's a good QB and enjoyed watching him play (and actually felt sorry for ASU when he got hurt). Nor am I not happy he's coming to NU. Just a little skeptical I guess..... :dunno

All I know is the 2007 season is a year away and I'm more excited about watching the 2006 season right now to really worry about Keller :)

No matter who we have "N", nothing is set in stone. The whole past year we all have been "giddy" and excited for Beck. He is now gone. Who says this can't happen again. More than likely it won't because Keller is 4 years older and 10 times mature as Beck. We as fans like to jump ahead. We just need to breath slowly (if possible) and anticipate going to Tempe this January. :thumbs

I think its a step in the right direction but he really broke down after a minor thumb injury last year. He threw 7 interceptions in the USC game alone. I know USC has a great back field but its not that good. Ill just expect the worst and hope for the best.

Just picked up my season tickets and I'm in the third row! :w00t

It's cool & all, but do we REALLY need him? Only 1 year to play?  :wacko:

I think its worth a shot, who do we have for next year? I don't think Ganz or Davis is the answer (could be wrong), and Witt won't be ready next year (assuming he signs), that leaves Hildebrand who is a total unknown. Had good stats coming out of hs, but did nothing at OSU and was hurt after 5 games at his juco. I'm not saying this guy is going to come in and put up godlike numbers, but he is another option and will increase competition. His stats for last year were impressive though, 2000+ yards in what 7 games or so. It also buys some time to get another qb in here next year, hopefully 2, a juco and another hs, so they can be groomed and be ready to play.

I guess the more the merrier. :smokin

We'll have to see how everything pans out... But it seems like we're going to be ok with our QB situation for next year.

Now, all we need is to snag another HS QB.

It's cool & all, but do we REALLY need him? Only 1 year to play?  :wacko:

Yes....TTech does it every year. If the QB's can't take it they can go elsewhere

Zac Taylor came in and learned the offense and got in a rythem in about half a season. Keller will have a whole year to sit and learn the system before he actually will see any game time. As far as the offenses go, ASU runs a somewhat similiar offense but they take way more chances downfield. Not quite as many slants and quick outs as we saw Taylor throw last year.

Mel Kiper has him listed as the 11th best quarterback in all of college football.... He threw for more touchdowns than ZT did all last year in only seven games. He played in a BCS conference and before the second half meltdown, he led ASU to a 21-7 lead at half against USC. He is 6-4, weighs 230 lbs, and is surprisingly mobile. ASU does not run as complicated an offense as we do, but it isnt a high school offense either. He has a whole year to practice and learn, including two fall camps, a spring camp and a spring game. He will be fine.... as a matter of fact, he will be more than fine. If he comes here he will start in 07 and will put up all league numbers... The soothsayer has spoken.

There is a lot of info/rumors going on about the whole situation here in Phoenix. Keller's dad said that Rudy Carpenter orchestrated the whole meeting with Coach Koetter and the other guys. Other rumors have said that Carpenter would have transferred if he were not the starter. That would have left the cupboard bare at ASU. If Keller transfers, they only have one other scholarship QB, and he's a freshman. Lots of stuff being said about the whole thing here. It also seems like some of the team is splitting because of the whole situation. It's like a bad soap opera! I'd be happy to have him be a Husker.