Who will be starter??? RB/ WR/ TE/LB?

jauken

Hi all,

Thought this would be a good discussion point... Who is going to be the starters at the following positions??

RB?

WR?

TE?

3 LB???

I am out of state, so i think it will be

Wilson at RB (although know its platoon situation)

WR Nunn and Purify

TE Herian

LB? Rudd, Bradley, Octavian??

What do yall think?

This is purely based on info that someone shared with me who is able to see each practice!

RB: Kenny wilson may not start, but is definitely no lower than #2 right now. Look for all 4 guys to get some time, but the staff feels that their 2 best RB's are Brandon Jackson and Kenny Wilson.

WR: Mo Purify is hands down the most gifted WR on the team. He'll make some catches this year that he shouldn't and plays the position wonderfully and definitely shows his experience. He will likely be our top WR, and depending on his knowledge of the playbook may or may not start game 1 but will be #1 by game 3 or 4 almost for sure. Game 1 starters will likely be Nunn and Swift if Mo isn't ready. Also, Meno will get some PT this year almost for sure, and Will Henry will almost certainly redshirt.

TE: Herian is basically back to his old form, no limits athletically, so he will start. He's heads above every other TE on the team, and Mike McNeill could see some PT this year also, needs to bulk up but has been very impressive so far.

LB's: No question it's Stew Bradley, McKeon and Octavien right now. However, Dillard is pushing hard and has had a wonderful camp, will see a lot of PT and don't be surprised if he ends up knocking McKeon off later this year. I know, I know, the same thing was said last year. But Phil came to school fat and out of shape, and the coaches were not happy. He has regained his focus, he's bigger than Cory, nearly as fast and he takes on blocks much better. Cory tends to slide to the side of blockers and open holes where Phil blows the blockers up by taking them on straight up. Cory's knowledge gives him the upper hand now, but the more Phil learns, the more time he will see.

This is purely based on info that someone shared with me who is able to see each practice!

RB: Kenny wilson may not start, but is definitely no lower than #2 right now. Look for all 4 guys to get some time, but the staff feels that their 2 best RB's are Brandon Jackson and Kenny Wilson.

WR: Mo Purify is hands down the most gifted WR on the team. He'll make some catches this year that he shouldn't and plays the position wonderfully and definitely shows his experience. He will likely be our top WR, and depending on his knowledge of the playbook may or may not start game 1 but will be #1 by game 3 or 4 almost for sure. Game 1 starters will likely be Nunn and Swift if Mo isn't ready. Also, Meno will get some PT this year almost for sure, and Will Henry will almost certainly redshirt.

TE: Herian is basically back to his old form, no limits athletically, so he will start. He's heads above every other TE on the team, and Mike McNeill could see some PT this year also, needs to bulk up but has been very impressive so far.

LB's: No question it's Stew Bradley, McKeon and Octavien right now. However, Dillard is pushing hard and has had a wonderful camp, will see a lot of PT and don't be surprised if he ends up knocking McKeon off later this year. I know, I know, the same thing was said last year. But Phil came to school fat and out of shape, and the coaches were not happy. He has regained his focus, he's bigger than Cory, nearly as fast and he takes on blocks much better. Cory tends to slide to the side of blockers and open holes where Phil blows the blockers up by taking them on straight up. Cory's knowledge gives him the upper hand now, but the more Phil learns, the more time he will see.

Good info man. I didn't realize Dillard was playing so well that he is really gonna push McKeon. Never hurts to have 2 dynamite middle linebackers. I've heard that Purify is as good as the coaches thought he could be, so that is a pretty good sign that they are impressed. He could have a big year. Interesting that Wilson and BJax are the top 2 when all the talk was about the other 2 guys. We'll see how that plays out.

If Dillard is really improving, what about sliding McKeon to the SAM backer next year after bradley leaves? Cory is a little undersized for that position, but I hate to see 2 players of that caliber not see the field full time.

If Dillard is really improving, what about sliding McKeon to the SAM backer next year after bradley leaves? Cory is a little undersized for that position, but I hate to see 2 players of that caliber not see the field full time.

The staff is pretty high on Lance Brandenburgh, and if you watched toward the end of the season, he performed really well. He's kind of like Dillard in that he's fearless and tries to blow people up rather than run around them. Cory did have a great year, don't get me wrong, but he did benefit quite a bit from the DL we had. They were able to stand the O-linemen up and allow Cory to roam free and make plays, which he did very well. But the staff was also concerned that Cory didn't take on the blockers and opened up big holes for RB's (Brad Smith had a huge game because of this).

Please don't take this as me bashing McKeon. He's a great player, has a great attitude and plays his heart out. But going from a TALENT standpoint and talking to people that watch him perform every day, he may be about 4th or 5th best LB on the team. Sometimes you just can't teach a guy to be more physical. Look at Lydon Murtha and Chris Patrick. If you put Patrick in Murtha's body, he would be All-American for sure. Patrick has the desire to be the best he can and he's fearless. Murtha doesn't have that, and for that reason he may not play a lot this year.

:yeah I agree with those starters. I didn't realize BJax was doing so well he might be a starter.

Lucky will start.... Jordan has acknowledged that he has the best understanding of the play book for right now, and that will get him the nod.

Nunn and Swift will be the starters for the first game... Too much experience for a newcomer to knock either out of the starting role for the first game.

Herian will start... He is back to full speed. Other TE's arent that good

MeKeon, Octavien, Bradley will start... Dillard will get significant PT, but you dont not start a returining middle linebacker who set the school record for Tackles for a loss. Dillard may indeed be more talented, but McKeon also marshalls the defense very well and is a big reason why others have the opportunity to make plays.

Yeah, McKeon rocks. I think he definitely gets the starting nod. Maybe either he or Dillard will move to one of the other linebacker positions next year, or maybe we'll run 3-4 or 4-4...maybe ;)

Also, Bo Ruud deserves a mention. And that Lance Brandenburgh guy. I just love our linebacking corps.

B Jackson most likely would have been the starter last year if he had not been injured. He handled the blocking schemes better than anyone, and that includes Cory.

I think it is BJ, Wilson and Glen. I doubt Lucky sees as much time as the other three.