Huskers vs Michigan State

Mavric

7 hours ago, Cobra Kai said:

I will never understand how we guard their PG.  Dude is a terrible outside shooter with very little desire to take them...took one tonight missed it long by about 5 feet...he averages 2 3pa per game this season.  He's rajon rondo light.  Good facilitator/driver...well below average from range.

Yet, we go over ball screens and get out of rotation...we run at him in scramble and then leave a shooter wide open in the corner.  

If I know this, the coaches and players know this.  Oh well I guess.  GBR!

It's hard to go over or under a screen when the screener sets the screen with his feet 5 feet apart.  A foul should be called.  Somehow Nebraska got called for 4 illegal screens away from the ball, but MSU's #22 set illegal screens repeatedly at the top of the key to free up the ball handler and it was never called once.

3 hours ago, ECisGod said:

It's hard to go over or under a screen when the screener sets the screen with his feet 5 feet apart.  A foul should be called.  Somehow Nebraska got called for 4 illegal screens away from the ball, but MSU's #22 set illegal screens repeatedly at the top of the key to free up the ball handler and it was never called once.

I understand that, but defenders shouldn't have been that close to him anyway and walker should have ICE'd the pick & roll action...

They have lots of shooters...he ain't one of them.  It was poor on our part...good recognition on theirs.  

Fouls called or not called are irrelevant because there's nothing we can do about that.  We can be smarter when guarding absolute NON shooters.  We guarded the guy on pick & roll like he was James freakin' Harden...going over...then staying on the top side, leaving the post defender as the drive stopper and forcing the perimeter players to squeeze, resulting in 70% 3s in the 2nd half...it's not hard to see how they got on fire...they adjusted,  we did not.

One game...bad result...I must move on!  Lol

• Plus1 1