CNN calls election for Obama

Sorry BRI Sorry Bennycho Not my president. Many people turned there back on the president we currently have, so i turn the cheek buy turning my back on the president we will soon have.

Like it or not, he will be your president if you reside in this country. As much as I despise George Bush, I still recognize him as the president. Turning your back on Obama before he does anything to deserve it just out of spite is ignorant. Bush gave people plenty of reason to do this over the last 8 years.

Sorry BRI Sorry Bennycho Not my president. Many people turned there back on the president we currently have, so i turn the cheek buy turning my back on the president we will soon have.

Like it or not, he will be your president if you reside in this country. As much as I despise George Bush, I still recognize him as the president. Turning your back on Obama before he does anything to deserve it just out of spite is ignorant. Bush gave people plenty of reason to do this over the last 8 years.

Many were like that after the election of 2000, and continue till this day to say the election was stolen. So ignorance goes both ways.

Many were like that after the election of 2000, and continue till this day to say the election was stolen. So ignorance goes both ways.

There is ignorance everywhere in the world. There are plenty that think Bush should have never been president, but it is pretty pointless to argue that. He won the election, he became our president, he had the opportunity to lead our great nation. I sure hope that many don't have an attitude like BigRedPowerWagon, I think Obama needs to be given a chance to try and do good rather than be sold short before he is ever sworn in.

If the democratic party had put anyone worthy of my vote in the last 8 years i would of voted for them. But no i was stuck with bush. Same here, i didnt think mccain was the best guy, i was rootin for romney but yet i get mccain ok so what do the democrats offer. Hillary or Obama, soo ok again whats a guy suspost to do. Its not worth me getting my panties in a bunch anymore on the internet. Ive stated my opinion and what im going to do and thats it.

Its not a democrat thing, or a black thing its a him thing. I remember reading when Jimmy Carter won...

It was the same thing. Nixon had lost the confidence of the American people...and the country turned out in groves to vote AGAINST the government...and we got Carter. History tells us that he was one of the most harmful President's in U.S. history. History has a way of repeating itself sometimes. History will also tell you that people are somewhat ignorant on lots of things and generaly dont vote with a knowledgable mind. People voted for a strong speaker, a good looker, and swallowed a whole pitcher full of this mans koolaid. Wheather they voted him because hes black, because hes for change, because hes has socalistic views i dont care. I say this now and until hes gone. He will Never be my president. And its my right as a citizen of this country that allows me that right, at least for now.

Bennychio i dont think you fully understand what we can possibly win or loose here. Being arrogant is probally something not wise since it could be brought up latter.

Then you should not be guilty of the same thing. I sense a lot of arrogance in what you are posting. You have already made a judgment on what history will have to say about Obama's presidency before he has even taken the oath of office.

Any idea that Carter was more harmful than Bush is lunacy.

Hasnt the last 10 or so years of ultra-partisanship been enough? What this country needs is to get off the high horses and get some stuff done, without outright refusing to hear an idea from the other side.

Exactly. How can anyone surmise what Obama's place in history will be will be before he has even taken the oath of office.

It is also ironic that Wagon knocks Obamas speaking skills when the Republican demigod that replaced Carter was a skilled speaker\actor but he was short on substance. Reagan was like Palin in the fact that when he didn't have a stance he would give a stump speech on another issue. And guess wut? Trickle down doesn't work!!

Then stating that you are staying dog loyal to the WORST president in history? Good for you!

please show me where i did this.

Its not a democrat thing, or a black thing its a him thing. I remember reading when Jimmy Carter won...

It was the same thing. Nixon had lost the confidence of the American people...and the country turned out in groves to vote AGAINST the government...and we got Carter. History tells us that he was one of the most harmful President's in U.S. history. History has a way of repeating itself sometimes. History will also tell you that people are somewhat ignorant on lots of things and generaly dont vote with a knowledgable mind. People voted for a strong speaker, a good looker, and swallowed a whole pitcher full of this mans koolaid. Wheather they voted him because hes black, because hes for change, because hes has socalistic views i dont care. I say this now and until hes gone. He will Never be my president. And its my right as a citizen of this country that allows me that right, at least for now.

Bennychio i dont think you fully understand what we can possibly win or loose here. Being arrogant is probally something not wise since it could be brought up latter.

Then you should not be guilty of the same thing. I sense a lot of arrogance in what you are posting. You have already made a judgment on what history will have to say about Obama's presidency before he has even taken the oath of office.

Any idea that Carter was more harmful than Bush is lunacy.

Hasnt the last 10 or so years of ultra-partisanship been enough? What this country needs is to get off the high horses and get some stuff done, without outright refusing to hear an idea from the other side.

Exactly. How can anyone surmise what Obama's place in history will be will be before he has even taken the oath of office.

It is also ironic that Wagon knocks Obamas speaking skills when the Republican demigod that replaced Carter was a skilled speaker\actor but he was short on substance. Reagan was like Palin in the fact that when he didn't have a stance he would give a stump speech on another issue. And guess wut? Trickle down doesn't work!!

Then stating that you are staying dog loyal to the WORST president in history? Good for you!

please show me where i did this.

When you marry his strong speaking skills to his message being koolaid that appears to be a slight.

I think it's very shortsighted of anyone to try and bring up history of other presidents to compare how Obama "might" be as the new president. The man has done nothing so far that is worthy of our disrespect at this time. He may end up being a great president and he also might end up being a horrible president. We won't know until we give him some time. Just because people have recently turned their backs to Bush doesn't mean that Republicans should return the favor, so to speak, towards Obama. This is why we have freedom of speech though so everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I find that to be very dangerous thinking.

What I do not understand is what has Obama done, what are his accomplishments and experience that would make one vote for him for President of our country? What has the man done? NOTHING. I hope you all who voted for him are right and I can not wait for him to create my new job next year, because I'll be needing one.

What I do not understand is what has Obama done, what are his accomplishments and experience that would make one vote for him for President of our country? What has the man done? NOTHING. I hope you all who voted for him are right and I can not wait for him to create my new job next year, because I'll be needing one.

The thing is who really is qualified to lead a country? What experience is there that makes the presidency automatically the next step? Governing a state or sitting in the senate is one thing...but leading the free world and making decisions based on what you think is good for every American or an entire foreign country is something else all together. No one has that experience coming into the White House. If we voted a candidate into office purely based off their experience in politics I can tell you there are lots of past Presidents who never should have been in office. If that's the way we handled things we wouldn't need a voting process...we'd just promote people every four years instead like we do in corporate America.

I don't vote on someone's experience. I vote on what the man (or woman) has to say. I vote on his ideals...on what beliefs he has in common with me. The reason I voted for Obama is because I listen to the man and actually believe what he is saying. I think he's more in touch with what the lower/middle class have to go through everyday. I could be wrong...he could get into office and screw things up worse than Bush, but he also could do a whole lot better. Only time will tell. But I had two choices to make, McCain or Obama. Sure if I wanted to vote purely on experience...McCain was the man to go with. But there are so many things I don't believe in that McCain and party do. So I chose the lesser of the two evils ;)

And of course once they picked Palin for VP, that did it in for me. I began my chants of Obama '08 from there on out.

The thing is who really is qualified to lead a country? What experience is there that makes the presidency automatically the next step? Governing a state or sitting in the senate is one thing...but leading the free world and making decisions based on what you think is good for every American or an entire foreign country is something else all together. No one has that experience coming into the White House. If we voted a candidate into office purely based off their experience in politics I can tell you there are lots of past Presidents who never should have been in office. If that's the way we handled things we wouldn't need a voting process...we'd just promote people every four years instead like we do in corporate America.

I don't vote on someone's experience. I vote on what the man (or woman) has to say. I vote on his ideals...on what beliefs he has in common with me. The reason I voted for Obama is because I listen to the man and actually believe what he is saying. I think he's more in touch with what the lower/middle class have to go through everyday. I could be wrong...he could get into office and screw things up worse than Bush, but he also could do a whole lot better. Only time will tell. But I had two choices to make, McCain or Obama. Sure if I wanted to vote purely on experience...McCain was the man to go with. But there are so many things I don't believe in that McCain and party do. So I chose the lesser of the two evils ;)

And of course once they picked Palin for VP, that did it in for me. I began my chants of Obama '08 from there on out.

Great post! I'm not even going to try and say it any better. :thumbs

Exactly. Take a look at Bush. Was a gov. of a huge state, and he will be going down in history as one of the 5 worst.

No experience can prepare you for being President. It is a job that there is nothing to compare it against. To compare McCain and Obama, sure McCain had much more time in the Senate. But when it came time to run for President, McCain abandoned who he was. Things he had been against, he was now for, in order to pander to the far right of the GoP. I can not trust a man who changes what he stands for in order to win. The two men offered different visions of what they wanted to do, and where they wanted to take the country. And the Obama vision is much more where I feel things should be. McCain didnt offer anything that Bush and the GoP havnt been saying for years, and look where we are now.

I dont know what your job situation is, but if history is any indication, you will be in better shape with a Democrat in the White House. The economic view of the dems actually works in practice and not just on paper.