'This weeks weird and wacky announcer quotes'

Some funny quotes I thought were worth posting here, a couple including Ron Franklin.

Original post from bleacher report

My link

MAYBE BROADCASTING IS EASIER THAN I THOUGHT

This week’s wacky and weird announcer quotes…

“Jeremiah Masoli has to play offense AND quarterback.” – Lou Holtz

“That is a little scary proposition with the pickles from Professor Picklestein.” – Beth Mowins

“A quarterback’s gotta be big and strong, good-looking, and smart.” – Bob Griese

“They’re smiling in Boise, Ohio.” – John Saunders

“First time in Cincinnati history that three Wildcats [had over 100 yards receiving] in one game.” – Rob Stone calling the Bearcats game

“I see those hips on the hands.” – Craig James

“Your brain is still stuck inside that helmet.” – Mike Patrick

“Jeannine, let’s check in with you. Alfonzo Dennard went out of the ballgame and he’s still out. Is he okay? – Ron Franklin

“Yeah, Ron. Actually no. Um, he has suffered a concussion…” Jeannine Edwards :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

“It’s Halloween weekend and Randy Shannon is in the middle of a nightmare.” – Bob Wischusen

“They slip Montel Williams out the backside.” – David Archer describing a completion to Montel Harris

“Alright Mike, Studio Update brought to you by, well…brought to you by me.” – Robert Flores

“4:45 on the game ****.” – Dave Neal on the South Carolina broadcast

“Here come the 2000 edition of the Nittany Lions.” – Brad Nessler as Penn State runs out of the tunnel

“Ricky Stanzi could have read War and Peace back there, he had so much time.” – Matt Millen

“I don’t know if I believe anything that comes out of Lane Kiffin’s mouth.” – Bob Griese

(On Chip Kelly’s love of the two-point conversion) “He’d go for four if they let him.” – Mike Patrick

“Helu continues to have just a ‘hellucious’ day.” – Ron Franklin

“The S on the helmet for ‘smart’ and for ‘stud’.” – Glenn Parker

“Nice chest move here in the game of chest.” – Andre Ware (Actually, Andre, the game is called chess.)

“There’s a clock in every quarterback’s hand that he has to understand, ‘I’ve got to get rid of the ball.’” – Herm Edwards

“We’re gonna play Howie Mandel here…is this ‘taunt’ or ‘no taunt’?” – Verne Lundquist

And a couple final thoughts…

Memo to Matt Millen: Please learn how to pronounce the name of Iowa’s head coach correctly. (It’s FAIR-ints, not fur-ENTZ)

Memo to Brent Musburger: From now on, make sure your broadcast actually HAS gone to commercial before you start critiquing the attendance to your partner. (Otherwise, we hear this: “We’ll be right back. [long pause] The stadium’s half empty.” – Brent Musburger

When Ed Cunnignham was talking about Missouri's defensive package, The Fist, I laughed a little.

Yeah, after the opponent has scored 24 points in the 1st quarter, talking about the "Fist" defense is pretty comical.

I must have a dirty mind, because I was thinking something else altogether. ;)

When Ed Cunnignham was talking about Missouri's defensive package, The Fist, I laughed a little.

Yeah, after the opponent has scored 24 points in the 1st quarter, talking about the "Fist" defense is pretty comical.

I must have a dirty mind, because I was thinking something else altogether. ;)

Dont worry, I was thinking the exact same thing.