TCU to Join the Big East

n.e.husker

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/ncf/news/story?id=5862368

It looks like TCU will get its chance to play in a BCS automatic qualifying conference.

The Horned Frogs have accepted an invitation to join the Big East as an all-sports member, sources told ESPNDallas.com's Richard Durrett on Monday morning. An official announcement is expected at 1 p.m. CT.

Weird fit due to traveling, but it gets them in the BCS automatically in football. They wont compete in basketball.

Boise jumps out of the WAC to play in a stronger confrence and then Utah and TCU jump ship haha.

My timeline may be off on this, but Boise State moves to the Mountain West and both Utah and TCU leave for different conferences. Is it okay to laugh?

LOL!!!

So now that Utah is gone and now TCU will be, does that mean that the Mountain West winner will no longer be guaranteed a BCS bowl bid?

Mountain west confrence has never had a guarenteed bid to a BCS game.

My timeline may be off on this, but Boise State moves to the Mountain West and both Utah and TCU leave for different conferences. Is it okay to laugh?

LOL!!!

So now that Utah is gone and now TCU will be, does that mean that the Mountain West winner will no longer be guaranteed a BCS bowl bid?

From what I understood, during the time that Boise announced that they would join the MWC, it was set up that the winner of that conference would have a BCS slot.

LOL!!!

From what I understood, during the time that Boise announced that they would join the MWC, it was set up that the winner of that conference would have a BCS slot.

I never heard that. People probably thought it should be so, and maybe would be so, but I never heard anything that remotely sounded like it was a done deal.

LOL!!!

I never heard that. People probably thought it should be so, and maybe would be so, but I never heard anything that remotely sounded like it was a done deal.

They (MWC as well as the WAC and every other non-auto conference) would have been up for re-evaulation as a BCS conference, and would have LIKELY gained an auto bid from the Big Least.