Lucky #1

They could have given it to him because he would have been most likely to bolt if not given some attention.

That was my first thought, too. I hope that we are wrong though, and I still get the feeling that Lucky could be a special player for us... with the spring focus on Glenn and this falls focus on Wilson maybe Lucky has been working his arse off w/ a chip on his shoulder. ...... 4 more days

I dont think so Eric. I have talked to Lucky before, and he is a real humble guy. He really is in awe of some of the other ibacks and thinks that they are great too. He doesnt lack confidence, he just takes note of how good others are. He doesnt seem like the type to bolt. He isnt going to talk himself into a corner (Beck) and he is going to see significant playing time this year (Jackson). He is far and away the best receiving back of the bunch. He has the greastest grasp on the playbook, and is more versatile as far as being able to feature alot of plays in his package. This is all solid information from a VERY reliable source. The other guys are very good too, but I think this is just a reward for knowing the system as well as he does.

I for one am excited to see his name at the top of the list!!!

:clap  :clap  :restore  :restore

They could have given it to him because he would have been most likely to bolt if not given some attention.

Personally I don't see why everyone thinks Lucky will bolt if he doesn't get playing time. I guess from the Beck situation people expect the highly touted ones to leave but nothing I've heard of Lucky indicates he's that kind of guy. He doesn't talk to the press much, but mostly because he's just a quiet and humble kid. He's readily admitted he was tentative last year and that Ross was on a higher plane than him.

And don't be saying he's been given the co #1 slot because he may leave otherwise. That stuff's an insult to his ability and work ethic. I'm not saying that's what anyone in this thread has posted, but its been posted before. Callahan isn't the kind of coach to give players a spot so they won't leave his program. He makes each player earn his playing time. If Lucky is co #1 then you can bet its because he earned it by playing his rear off in the middle of the rb dogfight. I say good for him.

I for one am excited to see his name at the top of the list!!!

:clap  :clap  :restore  :restore

Personally I don't see why everyone thinks Lucky will bolt if he doesn't get playing time. I guess from the Beck situation people expect the highly touted ones to leave but nothing I've heard of Lucky indicates he's that kind of guy. He doesn't talk to the press much, but mostly because he's just a quiet and humble kid. He's readily admitted he was tentative last year and that Ross was on a higher plane than him.

And don't be saying he's been given the co #1 slot because he may leave otherwise. That stuff's an insult to his ability and work ethic. I'm not saying that's what anyone in this thread has posted, but its been posted before. Callahan isn't the kind of coach to give players a spot so they won't leave his program. He makes each player earn his playing time. If Lucky is co #1 then you can bet its because he earned it by playing his rear off in the middle of the rb dogfight. I say good for him.

I wouldn't want anyone on my team who says "I'll leave if I am not #1". It's way to childish.