New Chancellor

50 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I wonder how much, if any, he was in the know regarding the Brett Favre welfare funding scandal down there. 

Here's his mention in the ESPN timeline.  Seems like he is opposite Favre.

Jan. 27, 2020: Favre texts Mississippi governor Phil Bryant: "Governor had a talk with Tate and he said he would get with his team on a plan. I'm sure with you in his ear that would help tremendously." Bryant responds: "Good deal.. will make that happen."

That same day, Bryant texts then-Southern Miss president Rodney Bennett. "Brett keeps asking to help him fund the Volleyball Facility but wanted to see your position before I go the LtGovernor." Bennett responds: "...I've asked Brett to not do the things he's doing to seek funding from state agencies and the legislature for the volleyball facility. ... I will see, for the 'umpteenth time' if we can get him to stand down. The bottom line is he personally guaranteed the project, and on his word and handshake we proceeded. It's time for him to pay up-it really is just that simple."

"That's was my thoughts," Bryant responds. "Maybe he wants the State to pay off his promises. Like all of us I like Brett. He is a legend but he has to understand what a pledge means. I have tried many times to explain that to him."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/37565299/brett-favre-mississippi-welfare-case-line-explained

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 2