3rd Party Pro controller for Nintendo Switch

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good 3rd party Pro style controller for the Switch?

The official Nintendo Pros are pretty pricey at $70 a piece. Amazon has a bunch of 3rd party options in the $25 to $35 range but I don’t want to get a piece of crap. I’ll trust your recommendations over Amazon reviews anytime…

Just want some extra/better options to using the Joycons for games like Mario Kart 8 etc.

10 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Does anybody have a recommendation for a good 3rd party Pro style controller for the Switch?

The official Nintendo Pros are pretty pricey at $70 a piece. Amazon has a bunch of 3rd party options in the $25 to $35 range but I don’t want to get a piece of crap. I’ll trust your recommendations over Amazon reviews anytime…

Just want some extra/better options to using the Joycons for games like Mario Kart 8 etc.

Dude...are you high right now??  Ha

I have no idea to the answer but I would look at the reviews on Amazon...most gamers are brutally honest...and don't have a lot of sex.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Dude...are you high right now??  Ha

I have no idea to the answer but I would look at the reviews on Amazon...most gamers are brutally honest...and don't have a lot of sex.

Well I might as well start gaming a lot then cuz I’m not getting any :lol:

Me and the kids are getting my wife a Nintendo Switch for her birthday. Wanna get a couple Pro type controllers so I can dominate Mario Kart. That is if I’ll be able to get her to stop playing Animal Crossing once in awhile. We haven’t had a game system since the Wii.

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, RedDenver said:

We got our kids the standard pro controllers on Amazon and they work better than the Nintendo ones according to our kids. The Switch has been out long enough that you can get good controllers for cheap these days.

Yeah, I just wasn’t sure which ones were good and which weren’t. Settled on a brand that had decent reviews. Many had bad reviews, connectivity issues, bad switches/buttons etc. For only $26 a pop can’t get hurt too bad.

It’s not like we’re hardcore gamers or any good so if they work even halfass it will probably be good enough for us. Everyone says the original Nintendo Pro controllers are by far the best but I wasn’t in the mood to drop another $140 on 2 controllers while I’m also buying the switch and 4 games. Hopefully the ones I got workout okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finding this now, but I would recommend just shelling out for the official pro controllers; I've had one for 6 years now, and have had no issues with it. However, if you're so inclined, some of the cheaper ones in your price range don't come with wireless or rumble capabilities.

Power A controllers are pretty good, and are endorsed by Nintendo:

- https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Wireless-Nintendo-Switch-Controller-Officially/dp/B0BZMK96MY/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2LN23AUURZPA5&keywords=Switch%2Bcontrollers&qid=1690998318&sprefix=switch%2Bcontrollers%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-17&th=1

• Plus1 1
On 8/2/2023 at 11:47 AM, Cdog923 said:

Just finding this now, but I would recommend just shelling out for the official pro controllers; I've had one for 6 years now, and have had no issues with it. However, if you're so inclined, some of the cheaper ones in your price range don't come with wireless or rumble capabilities.

Power A controllers are pretty good, and are endorsed by Nintendo:

- https://www.amazon.com/PowerA-Wireless-Nintendo-Switch-Controller-Officially/dp/B0BZMK96MY/ref=sr_1_17?crid=2LN23AUURZPA5&keywords=Switch%2Bcontrollers&qid=1690998318&sprefix=switch%2Bcontrollers%2Caps%2C120&sr=8-17&th=1

Thanks. The PowerA controllers did look like a good option but they were a little more $$ than these that I ordered.

Wireless Switch Controller for Nintendo Switch/Lite/OLED Controller, Switch Controller with a Mouse Touch Feeling on Back Buttons, Extra Switch Pro Controller with Wake-up,Programmable, Turbo Function https://a.co/d/8cvGU7f

Finally got the Switch setup today and used them and they worked great. They’re wireless, synced fine, will wake up the game, rumble, etc. Not bad at all for only $27. I guess will have to wait and see how well they hold up.

• Fire 1