2023-24 Season Notes

I just noticed that two of the three road games left are against the bottom two teams. We actually have a chance to go 4-1 in the last five. I didn’t say we are going to do that…just that we have a chance. OSU is still 10-4 at home. So, it’s not going to be easy. There’s a good chance they will be 1-8 in their last 9 games before us.  So, hopefully they are demoralized and just going through the motions. 

I would REALLY like for them to just take care of business against Indiana and prove they can actually play good BB somewhere else.

Hopefully, their good defensive performance today is a sign of what they will focus on next Wednesday. 

2 hours ago, Mavric said:

GGu4rWDXoAAaPrB?format=jpg&name=small

That's awesome!  Think about it....  

1.  We are making the Big Ten Tournament

2.  We are not 1st round

3.  We start in 2nd round and play a team that might be exhausted

4.  We win 2nd round and play Wisconsin in 3rd Round "quarterfinals"

5.  Winning 3rd round puts in the Big Ten Final 4

• Oh Yeah! 1

34 minutes ago, ECisGod said:

They do - all five are winnable.

I believe they are too.  I think the hardest ones will be @Indiana and then @OSU.  Beating Indiana would be huge.  Hopefully, the Purdue game isn't an indication that OSU all of a sudden has life with the coaching change.

It will also be interesting to see what, if any, affect having more time off between games has these last few weeks.

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I believe they are too.  I think the hardest ones will be @Indiana and then @OSU.  Beating Indiana would be huge.  Hopefully, the Purdue game isn't an indication that OSU all of a sudden has life with the coaching change.

It will also be interesting to see what, if any, affect having more time off between games has these last few weeks.

ESPN has the Indiana game a toss up (NU 49.9% chance to win).  They think the toughest game is at OSU (36.8%).

I agree on OSU, hopefully it was a one off game against Purdue, not a sign that they figured something out.

According to ESPN their chances to win each game are:

Indiana - 49.9%

Minnesota - 74.9%

OSU - 36.8%

Rutgers - 80.1%

Michigan - 57.2%

• Thanks 2