What a night!

That was awesome. A much deserved celebration for one of the greatest programs in collegiate sports history. A fine time was had by all and the party continued well past the match end time.

Nebraska could have gone out there and broke the volleyball record way cheaper than they did. The spectacle matched the accomplishment. Instead of just settling for a small record, they went big, but not just for volleyball. They took the premier program at the University and used it as an anchor point to make a statement: Nebraska can still accomplish the biggest of dreams.

People have asked for years, can Nebraska football come back? We just saw through the cooperation of the athletic department, university, coaching staff and fans that a WORLD RECORD can be broken. Now, I don't expect this record to last very long. The biggest accomplishments often don't because they set the bar so high that others are inspired to break them.

For all of us as fans, that's what greatness looks like. Lets go and have as much fun this season as everyone had tonight.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 5

Ummm, volleyball in a football forum ???

I'm glad you feel happy, but that is a chick sport with spandex shorts.  Lots of older guys love it.  We have them here on the board.  

Not blaming you, but if the bowling team wore spandex would you feel the same way? Would you follow it?  And if the girls rifle team won today, would you be this happy?  If the lady's volleyball team didn't win much, but still wore little shorts, bending over and jumping and diving, would there really be this much excitement for a covered sport ??  Almost all of that is done in Tennis and Track & Field, but that's not VB.  

Let's keep the football forum for football. 

VB has a subforum on here somewhere.  And also, there is nothing wrong with having dreams for success.  

Queue the "What"?" responses.... as if something said was not correct :)

4 minutes ago, admo said:

I'm glad you feel happy, but that is a chick sport with spandex shorts.  Lots of older guys love it.  We have them here on the board.  

Not blaming you, but if the bowling team wore spandex would you feel the same way? Would you follow it?  And if the girls rifle team won today, would you be this happy?  If the lady's volleyball team didn't win much, but still wore little shorts, bending over and jumping and diving, would there really be this much excitement for a covered sport ??  Almost all of that is done in Tennis and Track & Field, but that's not VB.  

Let's keep the football forum for football. 

VB has a subforum on here somewhere.  And also, there is nothing wrong with having dreams for success.  

Queue the "What"?" responses.... as if something said was not correct :)

Who are you the HB police? Let the man celebrate. It was a victory for all Nebraska athletics. 

• TBH 3
1 hour ago, Cornfed said:

Who are you the HB police? Let the man celebrate. It was a victory for all Nebraska athletics. 

Was there a game?  Victory for all Nebraska athletics?  What happened? 

Sure, celebrate all you want.  There are forums and subforums.  Maybe I got carried away, that's my fault and I deserve the ribbing....  but I still have no earthly clue what you or the original poster is talking about.  Felt like volleyball.  Sorry if I am wrong with that guess.  If I am right, eh not so sorry.  Ladies VB or men's scuba diving or whatever have the own subforum, is that not correct? Do you not see a point?

"Victory for all Nebraska athletics".  Should be pinned if this is so true :lol:

4 hours ago, admo said:

Not blaming you, but if the bowling team wore spandex would you feel the same way? Would you follow it?  And if the girls rifle team won today, would you be this happy?  If the lady's volleyball team didn't win much, but still wore little shorts, bending over and jumping and diving, would there really be this much excitement for a covered sport ??  

Given your logic, Nebraska Women’s BEACH Volleyball should be the MOST followed sports program at the University of Nebraska.

Also, are you saying you want to see them diving & bending in wide legged shorts? Or maybe burkas would meet with your approval.

Your post is hilarious. It tries to be defending women from sexist fans, but refers to women’s athletics as “chick sports”. Your level of enlightenment is truly staggering.