NHL 2023-24

JJ Husker

Had to get it going again.

What? Anybody want to talk about how nobody informed the Oilers that the real season was beginning yesterday? Vancouver took them out behind the ice hut.  1-8 in the season opener, disturbing. How does that happen to a team with McDavid and Draisaitl? Terrible goal tending is my guess.

Avs 1-0. 2 pts. :koolaid2:

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

1 hour ago, GSG said:

Penguins are in mid-season form already. Blew a 2-0 lead at home against Chicago

Yeah, they blew up my opening day 14 team parlay right out the gate. :lol:

Then Edmonton blew my follow up 10 teamer.

It was kind of cool seeing Connor Bedard and Sidney Crosby on the opening faceoff.

• Oh Yeah! 1
32 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Yeah, they blew up my opening day 14 team parlay right out the gate. :lol:

Then Edmonton blew my follow up 10 teamer.

It was kind of cool seeing Connor Bedard and Sidney Crosby on the opening faceoff.

I haven't bet on hockey much. How much do you put on something like that?

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, GSG said:

I haven't bet on hockey much. How much do you put on something like that?

A 14 team parlay….50¢ or $1 :D or $2 if I’m really feeling it.

This one was 50¢ at +101440 odds so about $500 payout.

6-10 teams $1 to $3.

Anything over 6 teams is just a lottery ticket. I have hit a couple in the 8-10 team range but it’s pretty rare.

Football is a lot different. It’s not near as difficult to hit 8ish teams on the money line but the payouts are way less.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

A 14 team parlay….50¢ or $1 :D or $2 if I’m really feeling it.

This one was 50¢ at +101440 odds so about $500 payout.

6-10 teams $1 to $3.

Anything over 6 teams is just a lottery ticket. I have hit a couple in the 8-10 team range but it’s pretty rare.

Football is a lot different. It’s not near as difficult to hit 8ish teams on the money line but the payouts are way less.

Nice! I did a big NHL one tonight. We'll see how it goes 

• Oh Yeah! 2
2 hours ago, GSG said:

Nice! I did a big NHL one tonight. We'll see how it goes 

I bet more on the NHL than I do football. Usually do okay but it’s different. Mostly money line bets and rarely give or take goals. For the most part I bet on good teams that are playing bad teams. I’ll combine over bets a lot of the time and do player goals, points, shots etc. I stick to Avs games mostly since I have a better feel for them. If they weren’t any good I’d prob lose my a$$. My account balance pretty much follows how they’re doing so I wouldn’t say I really know what I’m doing. :lol:

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

I bet more on the NHL than I do football. Usually do okay but it’s different. Mostly money line bets and rarely give or take goals. For the most part I bet on good teams that are playing bad teams. I’ll combine over bets a lot of the time and do player goals, points, shots etc. I stick to Avs games mostly since I have a better feel for them. If they weren’t any good I’d prob lose my a$$. My account balance pretty much follows how they’re doing so I wouldn’t say I really know what I’m doing. :lol:

I bet all the favorites last night and missed one lol

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
4 hours ago, GSG said:

I bet all the favorites last night and missed one lol

Blue Jackets screwed ya on a 7 teamer huh? That sucks….but happens 4 out of 5 times. But that 5th time :koolaid2:

That’s what I do most of the time on bigger parlays like that. Sometimes I’ll throw in one underdog pick but that’s when all the favorites win :lol:

• Oh Yeah! 1

On 10/18/2023 at 6:51 PM, JJ Husker said:

@admo

Weren’t you the resident Ottawa fan, or was it someone else?

They're looking much improved this season.

Oops, my bad. The Sens fan is @default_28

No wasn't me.  I believe there are only 1,814 Ottawa fans in Canada and they pronounce it Oshawa lol....  but yeah they skating well so far!

I'm the resident Edmonton Oilers fan.  Where we like to lose a lot in the playoffs :)

• Plus1 1