Neb Standing In Conference Realignment - our best fit

TGHusker

This subject is beating a dead horse.  I was hoping it would be gone for good.  A Nebraska return to the Big XII is never happening. Those days have come and gone and lots of teams have moved on since then.  The only thing the Big XII has over the Big Ten is more road games to drive to. That's it.  The Big Ten is superior in every other category or metric you want to use.  In fact, if the choice for some reason in a hypothetical where the Big Ten wasn't available and  Nebraska is asked to join the SEC or the Big XII I would choose the SEC.  Big XII is old news like Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, DrinkinwitTerrellFarley said:

This subject is beating a dead horse.  I was hoping it would be gone for good.  A Nebraska return to the Big XII is never happening. Those days have come and gone and lots of teams have moved on since then.  The only thing the Big XII has over the Big Ten is more road games to drive to. That's it.  The Big Ten is superior in every other category or metric you want to use.  In fact, if the choice for some reason in a hypothetical where the Big Ten wasn't available and  Nebraska is asked to join the SEC or the Big XII I would choose the SEC.  Big XII is old news like Walter Cronkite and Dan Rather.

And the Big 12 isn't even as good of a geographic fit now as it was in the oughts. They now have teams in West Virginia and Florida, and they'll be having schools in Arizona next year.

13 hours ago, winner00 said:

And the Big 12 isn't even as good of a geographic fit now as it was in the oughts. They now have teams in West Virginia and Florida, and they'll be having schools in Arizona next year.

We'd have a better chance at getting to a bowl game though - any bowl game.