Official LA Tech Game Discussion Thread

Good win.

The offense was unstoppable. Kenny needs to hold onto the ball, and we need to cut down on mistakes, but that was impressive. Should have had over 60 points.

As for the Blackshirts, I thought the front four got knocked around a bit in the running game. I know the stats won't necessarily show that, but I'm looking for more from the front four. Not enough pressure on the QB, either, which will be necessary given our secondary.

:restore

The offense was unstoppable. Kenny needs to hold onto the ball, and we need to cut down on mistakes, but that was impressive. Should have had over 60 points.

I agree. They looked good but not sharp. Wilson had a couple of fumbles, the receivers dropped some big passes and the O-line made two big mental mistakes (holding which negated Wilson's TD and Mann's penalty for hands to the face). Otherwise, I was very pleased with the performance, especially from the running backs! Taylor still looked good in the pocket and despite their two mistakes, the O-line did a good job of protecting Taylor and creating holes and seams for the running backs. Secondary needs a little more work but I think they did pretty good. And I was especially pleased to see Herian score!

All in all, a good performance and great way to start the season! :restore:w00t

I am scared about our secondary. I just got back from the game and there were way too many open receivers. I know we didn't blitz much in the second half, but as we saw, we are one injury away from a world of hurt in our secondary. Overall I am happy with the win, and i cannot believe how many tight ends got into the action. the o-line stepped up tremendously, but I also wish we would have had a little more luck running up the middle. The spread game won't work against a team with fast linebackers. Our offense looks great, we won the game, and I am a happy husker fan for another week. Thank God its football season.

Out of all openers in recent years, especially under Cally, I thought this game was GREAT. Yeah, there were some sloppy plays and costly penalties, but that means we have things to fix, which will make us even better. LA Tech isn't a powerhouse, but I feel they're a much better team than some of our other recent openers have been (cough...Maine...cough), and at least we handled this game from a scoring perspective. There's nothing worse in my opinion than barely beating a bad team....blech.

That being said, I think next week will be less of a powerhouse performance....we need to get healed up. Hopefully most of those guys, especially in the secondary, will end up being OK.

Hey, and let's hear it for Ganz! Looks like we have someone who has the ability to step up in case we need him. I thought he looked very sharp.

As always, Go Huskers! (Oh, and don't forget about those volleyballers -- they're opening the season strong! GO GO GO!)