Nebrasketball @ Rutgers

10 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I'm in totally agreeance with you with not seeing them making it into the tournament.  The ship is starting to sink and they just look lost.  Fred Hoiberg and staff have to figured it out fast otherwise he's a goner.  I just don't think if this team makes the NIT that it has the same value as making the NCAA tournament unless Trev and certain feel like it's progress.

I wouldn't go that far.  They will still have a winning record, are really good at home, and have shown progress.  The bar is different for basketball than football, I am a fan of keeping Hoiberg around indefinitely.  I am just disappointed they couldn't get it done in 2 of the first 3 easier road games (Minny/Iowa/Rutgers) and put themselves in a really good spot for making the tourney.  

They still have opportunities to get it done, just frustrated here. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, runningblind said:

I wouldn't go that far.  They will still have a winning record, are really good at home, and have shown progress.  The bar is different for basketball than football, I am a fan of keeping Hoiberg around indefinitely.  I am just disappointed they couldn't get it done in 2 of the first 3 easier road games (Minny/Iowa/Rutgers) and put themselves in a really good spot for making the tourney.  

They still have opportunities to get it done, just frustrated here. 

I'm for keeping Fred around too unless the team completely falls apart.  Nebraska, for the most part, has never been good in basketball.  I'm willing to give him a lot of benefit of the doubt to keep trying to improve it.

• Plus1 1