College Football/BB & NFL TV announcers /Crews

admo

The shine on Gus Johnson wore off for me a lloonngg time ago. He tries to artificially inflate every moment in a game, regardless of impact or degree of difficulty. I swear he wouldn't know the word "nuance" if you slapped him in the face with the dictionary page its on. 

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 1

Everybody in CFB pales in comparison to Keith Jackson.

Now get off my lawn.

I like Tony Romo for NFL games. He usually gets too into the game and ends up talking too much towards the end of games but he provides good insight from a players perspective.

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meh....I honestly don't even care who the announcers are.  

People get all worked up about this.  But, they remember nostalgically the days of announcers in the past thinking about how great they were.

Well, think about how few sets of announcers all these sports needed back then compared to now.  So, college football?  ALL of the sport maybe needed 2-3 sets of announcers?  Now, go through the very long list of announcers that do games today.  Every game is on TV....for every major conference.  That's one hell of a lot of announcers.

And people wonder why there might be some announcers that aren't as good as what we all remember back in the day?

Don't worry about who they are and what they are saying.  Watch the game and enjoy it.

Not worked up, but I do like to vent my frustrations here and there :)  I love this place for that. 

I completely stopped caring about TV crews that call Husker games, going back around 20 years ago. 

My feelings don't get butt hurt.  For example, Brent Musburger doesn't love Texas more than Nebraska during games. Kirk Herbstreit isn't biased against Nebraska.  That kind of stuff needs to stop already.

I don't hear it from them because I only pay attention to the game. I also understand the game, and they have a job to do to call it like they see it, with TV voice and energy. 

It only becomes a problem if a guy like Gus Johnson is rolling his "rrrrr's and Nnnnn's" all game long that put's an annoying thought into my head. 

First downnnnnn Buffaloes!  Touch-downnnn USC!  Maserati Marvvvv !

That's the part that makes me want to wack them upside the head.  And stuff a hoagie in their mouth lol.  

And yes, there are commentators that are awful or have been doing the same schtick for 25 years.  And I growed tired of them and I'm still hearing them calling games like it was the late 1990s.  I listed several in the OP that shows that they have been in our ear for a long, long time.  

I'm perfectly happy if I never hear Al Michaels do a football game, or a sports moment from Bob Costas.  Those guys and Jim Nantz had their prime moments during the 1980's and 1990s. Maybe early 2000s.  

As for Husker games, there is Nothing an analyst can say will sway my own thoughts when watching Nebraska play  (football/basketball/baseball/wrestling etc).

And those are my main points.  It's time for some fesh air with new announcers.  And, Booger McFarland is not the way to go.  Neither is Joe Tessitore.