Trev to A&M

I was pretty busy over the weekend and didn't catch any of this about the texts from regents and Pillen to Trev. So sorry that I'm late to the conversation.

Sipple is saying these texts are "desperate" and "disconcerting." 

All of the texts can be found here:

https://www.ketv.com/article/nebraska-leaders-plead-trev-alberts-stay-before-departure/60346005

I don't see anything I'd label desperate or disconcerting. Sounds like they want to retain Trev, which - duh. It's always easier to retain someone than to hire a new person. So of course they're asking him to stay.

But the stuff they're offering doesn't seem any different than what they would have offered to Troy Dannen. 'We'll work with you, give you the resources you need, etc...'

Sipple's article on On3 is behind a paywall so if it's not "wow they were desperate and that seems bad" like the tweet implies, whatever. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

Sipple's article on On3 is behind a paywall so if it's not "wow they were desperate and that seems bad" like the tweet implies, whatever

Yep, sounds more like Sip is desperate for clicks

• Haha 1

And BTW, I think we are in good hands with our new AD Dannen.    He has a passion for being here and has shown real awareness & appreciation of the scope of the opportunity before him. Even with the frustration, I don't understand why Trev left in the middle of the night and with everything trending upward.  It may just be a maturity thing on Trev's part.  Just because one earns $millions during the length of their contract doesn't mean they are mature in certain areas.   I consider myself to be an expert in my field, but my wife would remind me that doesn't carry over to other areas :facepalm:.  We are all growing (I hope  - if you aren't it is like paddling a canoe upstream - once you stop, you go backwards).   

While A&M presents a challenge in itself, he leaves his Alma mater on his own terms rather than what he perceived to be an upcoming bitter fallout. Tough to swallow, but he leaves to take the reins over an athletic department that needs stability in the most competitive conference with more recent success in nearly every sport.

Pillen comes off like an ex bargaining to maintain a relationship. And at the end of the day, it seems like a good long term result for everyone directly involved.