Helmet Radio Communication, Two-Minute Warning Approved

About time for helmet commination.  But we're still going to see coaches sending in signals and those signs with symbols on the sidelines because of the amount of no huddle that CFB teams run.

2 minute warning, whatever.  I don't think its needed with clocks stopping for 1st downs.  And the powers that be said it won't be adding any commercial time to the games, just shifting around when the commercials happen.

48 minutes ago, Red Five said:

About time for helmet commination.  But we're still going to see coaches sending in signals and those signs with symbols on the sidelines because of the amount of no huddle that CFB teams run.

2 minute warning, whatever.  I don't think its needed with clocks stopping for 1st downs.  And the powers that be said it won't be adding any commercial time to the games, just shifting around when the commercials happen.

This doesn't happen until under 2 minutes now.  That rule changed several years ago.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, soup said:

This doesn't happen until under 2 minutes now.  That rule changed several years ago.

Yes, I know the 1st down rule changed last year.  But my points still stands.

The 2 minute warning was added in the NFL to give an advantage to a team trying to score at the end of the game by giving them an extra timeout.  In college, the clock stopping on 1st downs gives the team trying to score at the end of the game an advantage by giving them extra mini-timeouts.  It seems redundant to me to have both.

• TBH 2