Official Laugh at sCUm and KSUcks Thread

SI has got CU ranked 104th in the country right now.

Dan Hawkins, welcome to the nightmare scenario. Your Buffs paid I-AA Montana State $275,000 for a guarantee game at home -- and then managed to lose to them, 19-10, in your debut as head coach at CU. And suddenly, with rival Colorado State, and then Arizona State and Georgia awaiting, the prospect of entering Big 12 play 0-4 is very realistic. Granted, you need time to get your own players in, and turn CU into a Big 12 version of Boise State ... but the honeymoon in Boulder is quickly coming to an end.

Source. 104th. Buffaloes, you bring shame to this conference.

In addition, Mandel has pegged this as the week's worst loss on his blog...

Montana State 19, Colorado 10. It was, without question, the most shocking score of opening weekend, leaving mouths agape across the country and sending the state of Colorado into mass panic. In an amusing anecdote in Mark Kizla's Denver Post column, former Buffs star Kordell Stewart described hearing about the result from a friend while driving home from a golf course Saturday. "Shut up!" Stewart said to his jeering friend on the phone. "… What you mean we lost? You got to be kidding."

And here's a kansas u columnist predicting the fall of K-State:

A one-point victory against a I-AA foe? Who does K-State think they are, Colorado? No wait, Colorado lost its I-AA match-up last weekend...

:lol:

Hello everybody I am new to this board.

When Colorado fans say 62-36 it doesnt really make since because in that game we lost by 26 points. Last year at Colorado we won by 27.

So I guess our new battlecry should be "30-3!" :lol::rollin:rollin

or 45-17-2.

except none of these #s will work b/c they actually believe the 62-36 also lead to the entire 2002 season, all 7 losses. and every loss since then. all from their one win.

that game was the first sign of what was to come, a sign that Solich had the program running on fumes- i'll give them that. contrary to their belief, it was a signal/realization, not a cause.

we could try the same delusional game... we can say the the 70-3 loss to UT should actually be credited to NU. as well as their Bowl loss... and Montana State and every game they lose this year.

and if their program drops to the bottom of the Big 12, we can take credit for that too. i mean, using their mentality of "62-36".

Or maybe the credit for all those losses should go to ISU?

I wonder what a sellout crowd at Folsom would look like

hey it happens, i've seen it. it just only happens against NU. what would reeeeally be amazing is a sellout crowd at Folsom-- without any red filling in many of the seats.

We have so much more to do here..What's there to do in Nebraska?..

I absolutely hate that excuse! Broncos fans show up! the Avalanche own the longest sellout streak in the NHL (could likely end next season, but still.). The Nuggets fans show up (when they're good).

but CU fans don't show up- rain or shine.

and as far as i know the tickets to all those teams are more expen$ive than Buffs tickets.

sending the state of Colorado into mass panic

as a Coloradoan, I think Mandel has greatly overstated the support the state actually has for the team... a significant majority either don't care or will likely be rooting for CSU this week.

Hopefully, CSU can win and win big.

that would be AWESOME. but considering the history of this matchup, CSU will probably find yet another amazing way to lose.

except none of these #s will work b/c they actually believe the 62-36 also lead to the entire 2002 season, all 7 losses. and every loss since then. all from their one win.

As a fan, I believe this too. It just gives me more cause to dislike the Buffaloes. We were the top-ranked team in the country. We had a shutdown defense. We had beaten the Oklahoma juggernaut and held them to 10 points.

And then all of a sudden - we go into Boulder and get blown out of the water? It was a shock, it was ridiculous. It shattered the illusion of an invincible Blackshirt D, one that has not just yet been restored. It was the game that came out of nowhere to mark the beginning of the downfall.

Give credit to the CU team that year though - much as I hate to say it. It was an amazing accomplishment to beat us the way they did, and while it's sad they've got little else to hold onto these past few years, it'll be a victory they can always hang their hat on. Kinda like some of our big victories in the past.

Don't give them too much credit. Yes it took the mystique out of the blackshirt D, the mystique of the O-line had already been diminished prior to that and all but gone the following year. The tradition and performance of the Husker D and O-line got into the heads of opponents for years and I believe was a great advantage for us.

Why do I say don't give them too much credit? If I recall correctly the beating we took on the ground had much more to do with our D than it did their Offense. It was just a poor performance on our part on a poorly coached D. We had never before or since seen so many players completely out of position. You can have guys that just distinctively have a nose for the ball and can find the runner in a pack on every down. Then you have guys who don't and must play assignment football. I recall the LB's in particular over pursueing and being completely out of position to do anything.

Another favorite among Husker haters -- and that would include some CU fans -- who have just lost a game is bringing up the Huskers' past legal problems dating back to the L.P. days, even though that was 11 years ago. Their defensive mechanism is such they feel better by wanting to trash us for something that hasn't happen nearly as much in the last so many years. But some fans -- including some Huskers fans -- get into a time warp when they get defensive.