How Important is Cody Glenn

We've seen Lucky in short yardage situations before where he's got it, and in short yardage situations where he's been stuffed. There have been a number of short yardage situations this last game where we didn't get the first down...inexplicable, in my opinion, except that the O-line, while improved, is not entirely dominant. I think we should be a little worried about how our O-line will fare against USC...if we can't pound it inside on 3rd-and-2 with efficiency, we'll have to go for speed runs outside or short passes, which are less preferable because they're more risky.

Bottom line, we need Glenn to step it up and make those plays all the time.

How important is CG on third or fourth and short? To have the ability to sustain drives and control the clock could be very important next week at USC. Also the offensive line should get their props. They did a great job last week.

Automatic against La Tech and Nicholls who? He's not gonna be able to run over the likes of USC.

I'd be willing you bet my house, car, and job on that Benard. A fourth and 1 that Glenn doesnt get, has more factors to it than, defense stopping him. It results from a busted play, or a "slip" or such. Glenn is the kind of guy that thrives on the "okay, they are here to stop me....watch this". He will do to USC, what he does to La. Tech...and Nicholls state...and how he will do to everyone else NU plays.