Last Time You Were This Jacked For A Game???

foote_21

We are some amazing fans. It's unique that we actually humble ourselves by admitting that the Alamo Bowl was one of the most anticipated games in recent Husker History.

We have all, at one time or another, referenced the 95 Fiesta Bowl...but that wasn't really a game now...was it? 62-24. :rollin

I too will admit that the Alamo Bowl was a gem. It showed us that the win over CU wasn't a fluke and also showed that the team was gellin' with the WCO and each other. You can see it in the players as they celebrate after a play...smack each other around, etc. Something you didn't see much in the wanning years of the Solich era.

I expect Zac to have a monster day in the air on Saturday.

I would say the Alamo Bowl, too.

I have a bad feeling about this one... which might be good because I had the same feeling before the CU and Michigan games last year.

The Nebraska upset over Oklahoma in 2001

pregame excitement? check!

but i don't know how much that one qualifies as an "upset". Nebraska was favored by 4.

We have all, at one time or another, referenced the 95 Fiesta Bowl...but that wasn't really a game now...was it? 62-24.

oh the memories...for me though, excitement for that one was obviously high,but frankly, i never had any doubt Nebraska would win. so it was a different kind of pregame excitement.

I remember during the Fiesta pregame show was the first time it had even occured to me that the Huskers could actually lose vs Florida. but telling myself "they could lose this one..." had a similar effect of telling myself that i can fly.

so for me personally, the excitement of that game was in just waiting for the inevitable- back to back championships.

It's unique that we actually humble ourselves by admitting that the Alamo Bowl was one of the most anticipated games in recent Husker History.

well the question was USC game = most excitement since when? and the Alamo would probably fit that. humbling? maybe. but the back story adds more to it than just saying it was a non-BCS Alamo Bowl. I don't know how many people were psyched for our Alamo games vs Northwestern or Mich St.

for me, the ultimate exitement (much than the Alamo or this week) was the Miami game in '94. I don't think any of the regular season or non-championship games could touch that one. I would put this USC game on par with the '05 Alamo Bowl but definately not the '94 OB vs Miami.

I have to say the 95 Fiesta Bowl. i was at that game and just watching the Husker Nation walk down University Ave to Sun Devil Stadium was awesome. Then to have Gator fans mocking us as we walked into the stadium told me right then and there that NU was going to kick ass.

Every time one of the Gator players was laying on the field after someone from NU blasted the sh*t out of them I would stand up and do the "Gator Chomp" and yell "Gator Chop that" and "Get the Carnage off the Field and bring in some fresh meat"

It was awesome because my seats were in the middle of the Florida side and I had a few around me that were pissed.

Then they really got pissed when all of the Husker Fans around started singing "NA NA NAAH NA.....HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE" as they left the stadium after the 3rd qtr.

Man I would love to be in SC for the game.

Every time one of the Gator players was laying on the field after someone from NU blasted the sh*t out of them I would stand up and do the "Gator Chomp" and yell "Gator Chop that" and "Get the Carnage off the Field and bring in some fresh meat"

It was awesome because my seats were in the middle of the Florida side and I had a few around me that were pissed.

Then they really got pissed when all of the Husker Fans around started singing "NA NA NAAH NA.....HEY HEY HEY GOODBYE" as they left the stadium after the 3rd qtr.

Man I would love to be in SC for the game.

Awesome! I do remember watching it, and I do have the actual NBC televised version on DVD. I like it when they do the 'choo-choo' on the sidelines mocking the Gators. Hell, even Tommie did the 'choo-choo' after he ran a 35 yard QB draw for a TD. Yes, that is the best game in collegiate football history.