WAY TO USC!!!!!!!!

From the USC Sports Information Office-

"The 92,000 seat stadium is sold out for an unprecedented fifth consecutive contest"

Let’s do some simple math shall we...

Population of the entire state of Nebraska - 1,700,000

Seating capacity of Memorial Stadium - 84,000

Percentage of states population to fill stadium - 5%

Population of LA metro - 16,000,000

Seating capacity of the Coliseum - 92,000

Percentage of LA metro population to fill stadium - 0.6%

I think thats kind of well...:rollin

I'm confused at the point of your math :blink:

You're saying that the full capacity of Husker stadium represents a larger portion of the population than USC's does? That's just common sense...they have more people in their city than Nebraska has in the entire state. The more people you add to a city, the lower percentage of people it's going to take to fill that stadium.

I think it's more humorous saying "unprecedented fifth consecutive contest"....ahhhh, silly little fans and their small time goals. ;)

I think he is saying it is rediculous that this is ONLY their 5th consecutive sell out. I think he's saying with that kind of population they should be able to fill the stadium every time.

:yeah I have heard a lot of talk and disgust that so many USC fans are selling tickets to husker fans. In an area, that populated and with a team that good, it is silly that they have only sold out 5 times in a row. Doesn't speak very highly of their fan base loyalty.

I think he is saying it is rediculous that this is ONLY their 5th consecutive sell out.  I think he's saying with that kind of population they should be able to fill the stadium every time.

:yeah I have heard a lot of talk and disgust that so many USC fans are selling tickets to husker fans. In an area, that populated and with a team that good, it is silly that they have only sold out 5 times in a row. Doesn't speak very highly of their fan base loyalty.

It's going to be much like Notre Dame in 2000, I can feel it.

You guy are exactly right...I just don't see how with that many people and how many bandwagon fans they have accumulated in recent years they can't sell out the stadium!!! I hope the fact that they don't seem to care means they are selling their tickets to Husker fans!!! I think we are going to have at least 20K Husker fans in the seats. I personally know about 20 people that have tickets! Not to mention all of the Husker fans that live in Cali or AZ.

I think LA has the same problem with college football attendance almost all your metropolis cities have, the pro game gets all the hype, TV, radio thats all you hear. Here in the Philadelphia area we get zilch, not even one college football talk show and its because all the hype is Eagles. The college teams have never drawn here whether it be Hurricanes or the Virginia Tech, I would like to bet the only way the Link would be sold out for a college game was if Nebraska played here. I've been to 3 of the Nebraska kick off classics in the Meadowlands and each one had anywhwere from 20-30k in attendance. Every game I've been to away from Lincoln the opposition is always amazed by our following. As a Big Red fan I take pride in the fact that Nebraska football is lived and breathed by the whole state from generation to generation, our fans love to travel to show their support and lastly that our fans are not just football knowledgeable but they respect their opposition and are curtious in the fans unlike some of the fans I've seen at Penn State or Colorado. When I see the players say "I Play for Nebraska" I know its not just a statement, its the same feeling we fans have when we say We're Nebraskans and damn proud of it. As I talk to people on the east coast about Nebraska football it always ends with " If your not from there you wouldn't understand it and if your from there you can't explain it". All you can say is take a drive some college football weekend and go to Lincoln, experience it, take it in, you'll never see anything like it anywhere. God Bless the Huskers and look out Trojans the Husker Fanstorm is a comin whether they like it or not. GO HUSKERS