Think maybe we should recruit some CB

godd2

I think maybe we should recruit some CB and Safeties instead of turning old running backs and wide recievers into them....i realize we had bowman at one time but why only 1 or2 good corners....we have been weak there for awhile maybe it is time to cure that? As for positive the front seven did well tonight against SC i think

I would agree, and it's another philosophical failure on the part of the staff. How many WR's, TE's and QB's does a program need? They only have 85 to give and it seems as if about 40% of them have been given to those 3 positions. :wtf

:yeah I agree we need more CB's. Obviously if we want to win NC's we need to be able to match up with Jarrett's and Steve Smith's of the world. They didn't have any proplems with our corners tonight.

I would agree, and it's another philosophical failure on the part of the staff. How many WR's, TE's and QB's does a program need? They only have 85 to give and it seems as if about 40% of them have been given to those 3 positions. :wtf

:yeah I agree we need more CB's. Obviously if we want to win NC's we need to be able to match up with Jarrett's and Steve Smith's of the world. They didn't have any proplems with our corners tonight.

They don't have much trouble with anyones corners.... and we have recruited some: Corey Young, Ricky Thenarse, Major Culbert, and Andre Jones for this year... although we didn't get much the year before and we have way to many TEs all we need is like Herian, Mueller, Philips, Seivers, and 1 more

I hope that our recruiting class stays in the top 20 from here on out.....in order to compete, we need good recruiting classes, I don't know how Callahan pulled off our Top 5 recruiting class two years ago, but he needs to keep that up, last years was good but it wasn't anything compared to the years before, I know, hard to do, but this class that we have shaping up for this year isn't anything special at all, all we got is one four star guy, and he's from Omaha, I know that stars don't really mean sh#t, but it'd be nice to get some more high-profile guys.

We've offered plenty of DB's AFAIK. Haven't landed many though.

I hope that our recruiting class stays in the top 20 from here on out.....in order to compete, we need good recruiting classes, I don't know how Callahan pulled off our Top 5 recruiting class two years ago, but he needs to keep that up, last years was good but it wasn't anything compared to the years before, I know, hard to do, but this class that we have shaping up for this year isn't anything special at all, all we got is one four star guy, and he's from Omaha, I know that stars don't really mean sh#t, but it'd be nice to get some more high-profile guys.

Yeah, but look at all the players from the 05 class who are gone, or not playing a lot now. I think they need to get more high school cb's, especially in this upcoming class. Give them some garbage duty next year behind all those guys and let them play from then on. They can't keep bringing in these juco corners, because it is so hard to step in and be great, just look at Bowman and Jones, who are both 5 stars. I think the coaching staff knows this though, and will start bringing in talented guys.

Umm I believe if Bowman were not hurt, he was projected as a possible first round selection in the NFL this year! We missed him dearly last night! Bowman is 6-2 and would have been able to do a little bump at the line if needed. Give Andre some time. Bowman didnt start until the end of the season last year after he had some experience in the system. Bowman would have made an impact in this game if not injured. He did an excellent job in the Michigan game last year against another NFL WR, Steve Breston! He wouldnt have shut down Jarrett, but it would have been huge to have him playing.

Grixby obviously was overmatched against Jarrett, but that guy could get open against about anybody, NFL guys included. Bowman's physical abilities would have allowed him to play Jarrett tighter.

The first time Bowman got my attention was in last year's Colorado game when he ran a guy down across the field laterally and nailed the dude at the sideline. I thought "who in the hell on this team has that kind of speed?"

USC seemed to have guys all over the place who could really scoot. Very frustrating playing a team like that where the holes, if they open to begin with, close so fast. Even if you slip through some defender(s) are all over you when you think you're in the open.

I was hoping for Wilson to bust through the middle and take it the distance, but it wasn't to be. I do believe we'll be seeing some big long gainers against the weaker competition in the Big 12 and I've been waiting for a long, long time for that.