Our Offense vs. Troys Defense

BIGREDIOWAN

Okay so how does everyone think our offense will stack up against Troys defense and also how do you think our defense will stack up against their offense???

I'm looking at their stats now and it looks like Georgia Tech ran for 320 yards total!!!! That's a helluva a lot of rushing yards!!! They also threw for 164 yards which shows that Georgia Tech wore down Troys defense.

It also looks like Troy threw for only 182 yards and threw 2 INT's in the spread defense. Their leading rusher only rushed for 69 yards on 18 carries.

Thoughts??? :blink:

Thoughts??? :blink:

Well based on that we should tear them apart. Make no mistake about it though, Troy will come to compete till the end like they have been giving havoc to their opponents so far. We cannot look past them. Sounds encouraging though, with them giving up 320 rushing yards to GA Tech. With our rb's it would be surprising if we ran for less than 200. I would think 200+ yards passing/rushing easy, but I won't count my chickens! ;)

But really, as long as we don't commit turnovers that are costly and play a balanced we will be fine. I think this is a statement game leading up to Big XII play that will state...HERE WE COME BIG XII! After losing to USC it would be nice to lay the smackdown on Troy to redeem some confidence. Not saying beating Troy bad is something to be really excited about, but this is the time for a statement to be made...I don't care who we are playing.

I also looked at some of Troy's stats and they only have three rushing touchdowns so far this year, and two of them were by their quarterback. There top two rushers combined have a little over 200 yards. Their averages however are pretty good as Jones has a 6.5 yard average but only 18 carries. This should be a good rebound game for the Cornhuskers. Troy is good, but not great, it should be a good game for us before we enter the meat of our schedule (big 12). :restore