Why Lucky Stars....

Dont know Callahan but from what i've seen I can picture this...

While recruiting Marlon Lucky, he is promised to be the poster child after Ross...he is to be the go to back, and the one people see when they hear Nebraska.

They promised it to him, and he went there. I honestly think thats whats going on...

To me it seems like he could make every mistake possibly and still be right there the next week to do it again...

While recruiting Marlon Lucky, he is promised to be the poster child after Ross...he is to be the go to back, and the one people see when they hear Nebraska.

They promised it to him, and he went there. I honestly think thats whats going on...

To me it seems like he could make every mistake possibly and still be right there the next week to do it again...

Wilson fumbled twice in the first game and ran hesitant at times. What's their excuse for him getting the bulk of carries in the last game? :moreinteresting

No..... That is not how it works in Nebraska. If Lucky wants to play he has to beat out the other backs end of story. When you are recruited by a college you are promised nothing but a chance to play, and the rest is up to you. Especially when you are recruited by Callahan. If Lucky is playing there is a reason for it.

Wilson fumbled twice in the first game and ran hesitant at times. What's their excuse for him getting the bulk of carries in the last game? :moreinteresting

Lucky banged his elbow up. His arm was put in a sling and he didn't go back in after that.

Why does everything turn in to a conspiracy therory around here. First it was Glenn was in the doghouse and then someone threw out the stupid rumor that he might transfer, then Steve O was in the dog house for not starting over Rudd, and now Lucky was promised the starting spot and that is the only reason he is playing. Lets give this stuff a rest guys. Lucky has earned his spot and if he gets benched its because the other player outperformed him.

Why does everything turn in to a conspiracy therory around here. First it was Glenn was in the doghouse and then someone threw out the stupid rumor that he might transfer, then Steve O was in the dog house for not starting over Rudd, and now Lucky was promised the starting spot and that is the only reason he is playing. Lets give this stuff a rest guys. Lucky has earned his spot and if he gets benched its because the other player outperformed him.

amen, I tried standing up for the program but people still insist that the sky, is in fact, falling. i quit trying and won't post against any more of these "conspiracy theories"

amen, I tried standing up for the program but people still insist that the sky, is in fact, falling. i quit trying and won't post against any more of these "conspiracy theories"

Just say this "You're right"! That's what I do when my wife tries to argue about a point that is meaningless! "You're Right" Makes them feel better about themselves! :thumbs:sarcasm

I hear ya, Still.

I will say this - Lucky seems to have a much longer leash from the coaching staff than do some of the other backs. Maybe he earned that?

As I said on a prior thread, I'm not sure the coaching staff is ready to "demote" Lucky yet. I mean, he only had the most costly overall play of the entire game with his deflating 3rd quarter fumble followed by the 'SC touchdown merely 4 plays later.

When you are Glenn (and provided you can even get a carry in the game), you have to be almost perfect. When you're Lucky, well.........................you just start the next week.

I guess I see where you guys are coming from but don't act like Lucky has done anything this year. He Almost 280 total yards on 46 touches and 2 TD's. That is an average of 6 yards every time he touches the ball. I know being Glenn's boys and everything but don't put down someone else to try to make Cody look better. I wish he would have seen the field Saturday as well but he didn't and I'm sure he will this week. We need all of the backs to produce to be successful.