LJS: Glenn confused by lack of carries

I wonder if any people from Horn Lake, MS or North Hollywood, CA or Liberal, KS are going to join this board. Cody Glenn is a good back, but I am going to puke if I read one more post that talks about some sort of conspiracy against him, or how he is obviously better than the other backs.

I wonder if any people from Horn Lake, MS or North Hollywood, CA or Liberal, KS are going to join this board. Cody Glenn is a good back, but I am going to puke if I read one more post that talks about some sort of conspiracy against him, or how he is obviously better than the other backs.

Thank you.

Todd Millikan is from Shenandoah so he is by far the best TE to ever play at Nebraska. Van Brownson should have played over Tagge as well just because he is from Shenandoah and my Unlce was his favortie receiver. Kenny Walker is the best DL ever because his Ex-Wife is from Shenandoah and Scott Frost is the best because his Parents use to coach there as well.

Back on topic. Glenn will play on Saturday and I hope he comes in and tears it up.

Seems to me that Lucky was hesitant at times. Kenny seems to be better at running through those "smaller holes", but you have to wonder? The trojan's linebackers where so quick east and West why not run ol' Cody Glenn between the tackles. I NOW we would have seen him carrying flocks of SC defenders all over the place :wtf

***SNIP***

“They’re the coaches, so I can’t really do anything about it,” Glenn said. “(The Trojans) have a really fast defense, so I guess they wanted the faster guys in.”

***SNIP***

I think that's precisely the reason he didn't play. The holes closed too quickly - and the coaches could see that in the tapes when they broke down the film. Glenn may have speed, but perhaps not the quick, immediate burst the others have. That means that the best chance to run is to have the backs with the quickest bursts in there to try and hit the hole before it closed.

He's going to get a lot of carries and be an integral part of the team. This was simply a case of the oppoent dictating the personnel.

Isn't that what they said about Miami in 94. They had too much team speed and you couldn't out run them. So what did we do. We pounded the ball right at them. Then in the 4th qtr look how we scored twice w/ the fullback. Does USC have more speed than NU, certainly. That is why I wish we would have pounded the rock with the bruiser instead of trying to out run them.

I wonder if any people from Horn Lake, MS or North Hollywood, CA or Liberal, KS are going to join this board.  Cody Glenn is a good back, but I am going to puke if I read one more post that talks about some sort of conspiracy against him, or how he is obviously better than the other backs.

Thank you.

Todd Millikan is from Shenandoah so he is by far the best TE to ever play at Nebraska. Van Brownson should have played over Tagge as well just because he is from Shenandoah and my Unlce was his favortie receiver. Kenny Walker is the best DL ever because his Ex-Wife is from Shenandoah and Scott Frost is the best because his Parents use to coach there as well.

Back on topic. Glenn will play on Saturday and I hope he comes in and tears it up.

Hey! I used to be the morning show guy at KMA in Shenandoah...about 12 years ago! Nice town. Nice people. :woo

I'm sure Glenn looked forward to this game for the past several months (at least), was pumped up to play, it's on national TV, in California, against USC, and all his friends and family were probably watching. So I can understand his disappointment of not getting in the game. He is a great person from reading his interviews so I am positive he has already put it behind him and is ready for Troy.

I'm sure Glenn looked forward to this game for the past several months (at least), was pumped up to play, it's on national TV, in California, against USC, and all his friends and family were probably watching. So I can understand his disappointment of not getting in the game. He is a great person from reading his interviews so I am positive he has already put it behind him and is ready for Troy.

I didn't think of it from that point of view. I'm sure it was quite a disappointment.

If I had a bucket then Id give it to you DJR....we're not just talking from opinion here buddy. READ THE STATS from the first game. No one from Hollywood wants to get on here and talk about Lucky, hell they're probably embarrassed and trying to figure out how he plays as much as he does.

Ok, I am reading the stats and here is what I see:

First 2 games:

LT Rushes Receiving

Wilson 15-47 0-0

Glenn 13-88 0-0

Lucky 13-79 3-42

NS

Wilson 9-79 0-0

Glenn 11-47 0-0

Lucky 18-103 1-13

Am I missing something?

There is no way you can tell that Glenn is better than Lucky from those stats. Yes, I would have liked to have seen Glenn play against USC, but his number wasn't called. Deal with it. I am sure he is.

Jordan, Norvell and Callahan have said that certain backs practice is certain personnel packages. Perhaps Lucky has a better knowledge of the offense which is why he plays more. He also presents more of a threat as a receiver and is said to be a better blocker than Glenn. What, if during a game, Glenn gets put in a package that he is not familiar with, Taylor audibles to a skinny post for Purify and Glenn misses his protection call and a safety tees off on Taylor and puts him out for the season. You want that to fall on the shoulders of your boy Glenn? I don't. The coaches know better than you or I. If he doesn't play, there is probably with good reason, not because they promised Lucky anything.

Now how about that bucket...

If I had a bucket then Id give it to you DJR....we're not just talking from opinion here buddy. READ THE STATS from the first game. No one from Hollywood wants to get on here and talk about Lucky, hell they're probably embarrassed and trying to figure out how he plays as much as he does.

Ok, I am reading the stats and here is what I see:

First 2 games:

LT Rushes Receiving

Wilson 15-47 0-0

Glenn 13-88 0-0

Lucky 13-79 3-42

NS

Wilson 9-79 0-0

Glenn 11-47 0-0

Lucky 18-103 1-13

Am I missing something?

There is no way you can tell that Glenn is better than Lucky from those stats. Yes, I would have liked to have seen Glenn play against USC, but his number wasn't called. Deal with it. I am sure he is.

Jordan, Norvell and Callahan have said that certain backs practice is certain personnel packages. Perhaps Lucky has a better knowledge of the offense which is why he plays more. He also presents more of a threat as a receiver and is said to be a better blocker than Glenn. What, if during a game, Glenn gets put in a package that he is not familiar with, Taylor audibles to a skinny post for Purify and Glenn misses his protection call and a safety tees off on Taylor and puts him out for the season. You want that to fall on the shoulders of your boy Glenn? I don't. The coaches know better than you or I. If he doesn't play, there is probably with good reason, not because they promised Lucky anything.

Now how about that bucket...

What if what if what if. A lot of what if scenarios. What if Lucky fumbles the ball during a critical point in the game allowing the opposing team to score :blink:

What if what if what if. A lot of what if scenarios. What if Lucky fumbles the ball during a critical point in the game allowing the opposing team to score :blink:

His point is that apparently the likelyhood of that happening when Lucky is in must be less than when Glenn is.

DJR,

You forgot to mention Lucky's 3rd quarter fumble against 'SC which was the most costly play of the ballgame. Believe it was Zac Taylor that mentioned just what a HUGE play that was in the game. Then USC scores 4 plays later and that sealed the 'Huskers fate in this game.

I would equate that fumble to being worth about - 100 yards (negative 100 yards) in rushing (conservatively maybe - 50 yards in rushing) considering they scored immediately and it caused a devastating result, particularly when it happened in the game.

What is Glenn's longest run this season? About 18 yards from the 1st game when on a series of 3 to 4 carries in a row he actually got some pitch and toss plays called by the staff, which to this day remain a modern day miracle that he got that opportunity!! Lucky gets these kind of plays all of the time and where are his 13 and 18 yard consistent runs back to back.

Yes, most of Glenn's chances have been the short yardage variety although the game film shows he excelled in his pitch and toss plays.

The game film I've seen of Lucky shows me he is an adequate back that at times makes an impressive play but is either likely to get dinged up or cause a big mistake if given enough time in the ballgame. You just don't know which one will happen first.

DJR,

You forgot to mention Lucky's 3rd quarter fumble against 'SC which was the most costly play of the ballgame. Believe it was Zac Taylor that mentioned just what a HUGE play that was in the game. Then USC scores 4 plays later and that sealed the 'Huskers fate in this game.

No, I didn't forget it. It was a huge gaffe. It was also on Taylor, because it wasn't a good hand off. A fellow Glenn lover brought up stats. I was trying to find merit in that through the first 2 games as to why Glenn was better.

I would equate that fumble to being worth about - 100 yards (negative 100 yards) in rushing (conservatively maybe - 50 yards in rushing) considering they scored immediately and it caused a devastating result, particularly when it happened in the game.

That is deeply rooted in logic. :wacko:

What is Glenn's longest run this season?  About 18 yards from the 1st game when on a series of 3 to 4 carries in a row he actually got some pitch and toss plays called by the staff, which to this day remain a modern day miracle that he got that opportunity!!  Lucky gets these kind of plays all of the time and where are his 13 and 18 yard consistent runs back to back.

Yet Lucky's average per touch is still higher. Weird. :hmmm

The game film I've seen of Lucky shows me he is an adequate back that at times makes an impressive play but is either likely to get dinged up or cause a big mistake if given enough time in the ballgame.  You just don't know which one will happen first.

Well, I agree that Lucky looked hesitant against USC, that fumbled exchange was his only "big mistake" so far this year. Last year at KU, Glenn had a 2nd and 1 and failed to get a yard on 2 carries. Who knows when that will happen. Glenn also missed on a 4th and 1 against Nicholls St. Those are critical mistakes also. If you are going to point the finger at Lucky, be open for it to be pointed right back at your boy.

I think Cody Glenn is a hell of a player, but I don't understand why none of you Rusk guys give Lucky any credit.

I hope all 4 backs play saturday, all 4 hit their holes well and all 4 get a TD.