Official KU Game Thread

After those quick scores, we laid down expecting another 56-0. We gotta watch out next week, ISU has a lot more weapons then KU. Right now I'm :wtf at Taylor going to Hardy over and over and over again in the 3rd and 4th quarters. We have to spread it out more. If I'm not mistaken, Herian didn't even get a catch. Maybe Callahan thinks that defenses are recognizing Herian as more of a threat now. I :dunno. On the defensive side of the ball, MORE PRESSURE UP FRONT. Last week, the front four was all over the QB. These DB's are undersized and can't do it all and need some help up front. The LB's need to hold back a little and help out the secondary. On KU's go-ahead TD, if McKeon had stayed back, he could've knoced down the ball OR picked it off. Just my opionion. [/rant]

:yeah:yeah:yeah:yeah:restore

Was Grixby pulled for a while in the game? There was one play where a backup was covering one side of the field and got beat for like a ten yard game, anybody else see that?

I believe it was Young that was in for Grixby and didn't make the tackle.

Grix definitely didn't have his best game tonight!

I feel worse after this win than i did after the loss to USC....I know this was a conference game but damn is South Florida's D that much better than ours? They only gave up 13 points on KU's home Turf. We knew our secondary was bad and tonight we found out just how bad. From the second quarter on KU's O-line looked like the 95 Skers, The shirts didnt lay a hand on that little punk even when they brought everyone he still made plays. On the bright side at least we have the offensive firepower to make late comebacks :corndance

I showed up last year on this board after a lot of Husker fans thought we (the Jayhawks) were still the little sisters of the poor. You all made some great big plays, and got it done in overtime, this time, so congrat to you all. I would like to point out, that is three strong games in a row from Kansas, and two in Loncoln. I hope someday I stop by and see that people don't get mad for barely beating KU. These boy under Mangino missed the memo they are supposed to suck. Other than a pasting from Texas last year, we have been competitive in pretty much every game we have been in for 3 years now. Should be a great game in Lawrence next year!

You all had a great start and made plays to stay in it. 3 bombs and an 8 yard drive made for interesting offense. Adam Barman played WAY better than he did last week, and that is by far the best offense that has shown up (everyone else just put 8 and 9 in the box, because our freshman QB, Meier, was an interception machine). You all represented, as always, with your fans. If that game was in Lawrence, I think we woulda won. You Husker fans should be proud at the environment you create, it's an awesome thing. I think it sure made a HUGE difference tongiht.

Best of luck the rest of the year. Classy program and the best board to visit.

I showed up last year on this board after a lot of Husker fans thought we (the Jayhawks) were still the little sisters of the poor. You all made some great big plays, and got it done in overtime, this time, so congrat to you all. I would like to point out, that is three strong games in a row from Kansas, and two in Loncoln. I hope someday I stop by and see that people don't get mad for barely beating KU. These boy under Mangino missed the memo they are supposed to suck. Other than a pasting from Texas last year, we have been competitive in pretty much every game we have been in for 3 years now. Should be a great game in Lawrence next year!

You all had a great start and made plays to stay in it. 3 bombs and an 8 yard drive made for interesting offense. Adam Barman played WAY better than he did last week, and that is by far the best offense that has shown up (everyone else just put 8 and 9 in the box, because our freshman QB, Meier, was an interception machine). You all represented, as always, with your fans. If that game was in Lawrence, I think we woulda won. You Husker fans should be proud at the environment you create, it's an awesome thing. I think it sure made a HUGE difference tongiht.

Best of luck the rest of the year. Classy program and the best board to visit.

Hats off to Kansas - most teams would have folded after that first quarter. You guys showed real heart. Very impressive.

The offense needs to be more balanced. Not just in the final pass/run play totals but in the course of the game. It was pointed out in the OWH that when we run for 11 consecutive run plays then pass for 7 consecutive plays that is being predictable not balanced. I couldn't agree more. While it is obvious that we need to mix up the run and pass, it seems the coaches fail to grasp that at times. Hello! Wake up call that sounds like a screaming Jayhawk!!