Defense is a paper tiger

I wish the staff would focus more on recruiting better LB's and DB's instead of another RB. Face it, too many slow white guys on a defense cannot be good.

That is about the dumbest post I have seen in a LONG TIME! "Slow White Guys"....Very classy! :asshat

Get over it.

Yep, all dem der white people is just too slow...We just needs us some more color on the team :sarcasm

There are a couple of things I don't like about our defense. I don't like it when we have to drop a line backer and use him as a nickle back in pass coverage. And I don't like it when Coz puts us in the prevent defense giving up anything and everything just short of a TD. But I guess with all the injuries and such we will only get better as the season progresses. Next season we may just have a heck of a secondary,

There are a couple of things I don't like about our defense. I don't like it when we have to drop a line backer and use him as a nickle back in pass coverage. And I don't like it when Coz puts us in the prevent defense giving up anything and everything just short of a TD. But I guess with all the injuries and such we will only get better as the season progresses. Next season we may just have a heck of a secondary,

Yep loosing Bowman has killed us! I think if he wasn't out for the season, we may either have moved Grixby to nickle back or just regulated his duties to PR/KR. They guy is doing all he can, but he is just too little.

I wish the staff would focus more on recruiting better LB's and DB's instead of another RB. Face it, too many slow white guys on a defense cannot be good.

That is about the dumbest post I have seen in a LONG TIME! "Slow White Guys"....Very classy! :asshat

Fine, drop the "white". Fact remains, our LBs are SLOOOOOOOW.

Grix is supposed to have this immense vertical jump. Must just work standing still. :) Or his timing is off, glad he isn't a starting center fielder. :lol:

I think the whole D needs to step it upl. If the front 4 got a better push and rushed the qb read/throw then the secondary would improve by having to cover for less time. Seemed like the first quarter that was the case and after that no dice.

If there is improvement each game we should be in the hunt by the end of the season. If not hope the freshmen are studying the playbooks and are hungry next year.

GBR

What was the D gameplan for tonight? Bend but dont break? Cos u better get your act togther we got a good ISU offense next week..Blythe has killed us the last 3 years and Meyer better not run all over the field

I agree. I'm concerned our defense will not be able to handle ISU...it's not looking good. Carriker is getting attention from other teams. Someone else needs to step up big on the D-Line. LB's seem average and our secondary is a mess. Good to see Shanle get those picks. I figure we need to recruit big on defense and get some flat out playmakers on the defensive side. Top recruits have a chance to make immediate impact. I can't believe we gave up this many points to Kansas at home.

Get some fire on the defensive side of the ball! :steam:madash:steam

Yep loosing Bowman has killed us! I think if he wasn't out for the season, we may either have moved Grixby to nickle back or just regulated his duties to PR/KR. They guy is doing all he can, but he is just too little.

I'm telling you, If Bowman and Fluellen are both in this game, the LBs hunker down on the run, play contain and Ola puts forth some extra effort on the line, the Huskers roll to a 40+ point victory... There is no accounting for excessive injuries to any positon, especially the secondary.

I'm telling you, If Bowman and Fluellen are both in this game, the LBs hunker down on the run, play contain and Ola puts forth some extra effort on the line, the Huskers roll to a 40+ point victory... There is no accounting for excessive injuries to any positon, especially the secondary.

What Honolulu said. If our LBs weren't performing double duty, which they are, our D would look totally different.

Fine, drop the "white". Fact remains, our LBs are SLOOOOOOOW.

:hmmm