Defense is a paper tiger

Another thing I observed is where the hell is the backside backer on the zone running plays that go to the opposite side. All night long the rb cut back. It is the responsibility of the backside backer to "fill the cutback hole". I saw our linebackers take some poor angles on the cutbacks and take themselves completely out of the play.

I noticed that too. They would way over committ when KU's O-line would move the line to one side. Cornish used that to his/their advantage and picked up some big/key yardage.

Yea, the defense played awful. These guys CAN get it done. They definitely didn't last night.

Linebackers were over pursuing a bit, especially Bradley. Saw that a few times on the option. The one in overtime.

I think Shanle is as bad as Green. He's late to everything. Jones seems to be the only one who is improving.

I guess two picks don't count. Oh well, I am sure if we win and play good defense the tune will change yet again. Let's just throw em under the bus. :nanalama

Grixby's excellent vertical leap isn't helping him much because the bigger, equally athletic receivers can so easily body up on him, gain position and negate his jumping ability.

And someone needs to tell the D Backs and linebackers to quit tipping the ball UP near the goal line if they can't pick it off. I saw McKeown do it and it happened again in the end zone on another play.

Yea, the defense played awful. These guys CAN get it done. They definitely didn't last night.

Linebackers were over pursuing a bit, especially Bradley. Saw that a few times on the option. The one in overtime.

I think Shanle is as bad as Green. He's late to everything. Jones seems to be the only one who is improving.

I guess two picks don't count. Oh well, I am sure if we win and play good defense the tune will change yet again. Let's just throw em under the bus. :nanalama

LOL. Do you honestly believe Shanle had ANYTHING to do with those picks other than to make sure his hands firmly grasped the ball once it fell directly into them?

Watch the entire game. Shanle AND Green are terrible.

LOL. Do you honestly believe Shanle had ANYTHING to do with those picks other than to make sure his hands firmly grasped the ball once it fell directly into them?

Watch the entire game. Shanle AND Green are terrible.

I know he caught them. Coulda dropped him. A TERRIBLE player would have dropped them, for sure.

Are they the best safties ever? No not by a long shot.

I'm telling you, If Bowman and Fluellen are both in this game, the LBs hunker down on the run, play contain and Ola puts forth some extra effort on the line, the Huskers roll to a 40+ point victory... There is no accounting for excessive injuries to any positon, especially the secondary.

Bingo! The secondary was lacking depth coming into the season, and the injuries have, and will continue to hamper this defense. One glaring weakness (Sorry Grixby, you're in over your head) can make a whole unit look like crap.

Grixby supposedly has a 40 inch verticle but he never gets off his feet. The kids is just not a CB!!!!!! We have been exposed and I hope we can pull it together for the rest of the season. I do believe our Defensive Coordinator was out coached. There was a reason WI was happy when he left!

I was at game last night and saw little or nothing of both Carricker and Moore!!! I know Carrickler was Double teamed at times but we had no pash rush and with those really poor defensive backs we need to put th QB on his ass! :bonez

Injuries to the secondary and LB corp have killed us. We had one guy backing up all THREE linebackers last night. Not having Octavien and Dillard is huge. With those two we could rotate all spots and our guys would be fresh the whole game.

Yeah I did notice that they were sack dragging it last night. Hard to fault them though, when there is no one really to come in and give em a rest!