Sean Callahan Big Red extra

I hope our defense isn't out there as long as they were against KU because they were definately gased by the end of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter they were barely hanging on!!!! That's when you have to dig deep though and want it more than the other team and I think we did, but thank god it didn't go into a 2nd OT.

I hope our defense isn't out there as long as they were against KU because they were definately gased by the end of the 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter they were barely hanging on!!!! That's when you have to dig deep though and want it more than the other team and I think we did, but thank god it didn't go into a 2nd OT.

I know that I am repeating myself but it shows our lack of depth on D. If you have that scenario and you have depth, you can keep fresh players on the feild. 94 plays is a sh#t load for basicly our starters to be on the feild. That did have something to do with our play on D last week IMO.

We were out manned, leading directly to the lack of depth/injuries/recruiting. This is being corrected though. Another reason they got so tired was the offense when it scored did it very quickly. No long drug out drives that would allow them to rest. A steady dose of a very good running back with long runs with exhausted players chasing him.

But the key is they gutted it out. They won the game. They believe in their coaches 100% or it would not have happened. I know it was not one of our best games, but I truly believe if it was not for this staff and the heart of this team it would have been a loss.