So the big deal is....

Foppa

I'm getting really sick of people comming out after every win and talking doom and gloom becuase it wasnt a 77-0 win. We keep winning and some people continue to complain about playcalling and coaching. I think it just gets down to there are a large number of people who want callahan to fail and are really rooting for NU to lose games.

• Plus1 1

What exactly is wrong with sitting on a two touchdown lead on the road? I'm only asking because personally I think that's exactly what the great Tom Osborne and even the less great Frank Solich would have done. When you build up a solid lead you run the ball and play defense. That's been the Nebraska philosophy for the last half century.

True, ISU could have scored a TD and brought it back to a one possession ball game, but the bottom line is they didn't. By calling the game that he called and eliminating risks BC made sure that NU's lead was never in serious jeopardy. We also saw how the constant pounding wore down ISU's defense in the 4th quarter. And some of y'all are going to criticize him for allowing Nebraska to pretty much control the entire football game? Just because you wanted to see more points on the board? Get over it already. It was a solid win for the team and an excellent job of game management by BC and Co.

What exactly is wrong with sitting on a two touchdown lead on the road? I'm only asking because personally I think that's exactly what the great Tom Osborne and even the less great Frank Solich would have done. When you build up a solid lead you run the ball and play defense. That's been the Nebraska philosophy for the last half century.

True, ISU could have scored a TD and brought it back to a one possession ball game, but the bottom line is they didn't. By calling the game that he called and eliminating risks BC made sure that NU's lead was never in serious jeopardy. We also saw how the constant pounding wore down ISU's defense in the 4th quarter. And some of y'all are going to criticize him for allowing Nebraska to pretty much control the entire football game? Just because you wanted to see more points on the board? Get over it already. It was a solid win for the team and an excellent job of game management by BC and Co.

Great post yet some people just can't give BC and staff credit no matter what they do! I actually thought the "division" was over 2 years ago, but some just can't let it go!

Callahan doesn't care if he wins by 1 or 100, a w is a w. Before this game, a lot of people on this board would have been happy with just a win, and now people are mad because we didn't win by 4 tds?

And that is unfortunately one of the worst traits of a typical Husker fan.

OMG WE DIDN"T WIN BY A BILLION BOO!!! :nutz

That being said, I was waiting almost he whole second half for us to put the dagger in. On TD would have done it, and did.

Frankly, I was worried about the ISU game.... considering what happened to our whole defense against KU. When this team struck quickly and got an easy 17 point, the team let down its guard. A ball control offense was the smartest thing that BC could have devised against ISU.

I suspect that the windy conditions limited the pass patterns. Meyer had lots of trouble throwing long last night. The ball "sailed" on him a number of times. NU avoid this by using a dominating ground game. To try to force more passes and have INT's or more punts just didn't make sense.

I really think our game plan was great.

I am just very happy to be 5-1, with the only loss coming on the road to the #2/#3 team in the nation. Our offense is very highly ranked, and has great balance. The offensive line is coming around. I thouroughly enjoyed watching the OL's blowing the Cyclone's DL's off the line for most of the night. Also, all 4 of our backs have shown flashes of brilliance. Wilson and Lucky are complete WCO backs with tremendous speed. Glenn is stout. He runs through arm tackles with ease. And Jackson has very good vision and patience, and he runs with heart. Defensively, I think that we are coming along. I love seeing 2 LB's and a S walking up to the line of scrimmage before snaps. Directly connected, I also loved seeing Bret Meyer ending up on his back after most of his throws. :bonez That's the best way to protect our weak backfield. Personally, I would really like to see more appreciation for Stew Bradley. Our LB's have caught a lot of criticism, but I think these guys are playing many more snaps than were expected. The loss of Dillard and Octavien's situation have really hurt our depth. The playcalling looked much improved last night. As I said, it was very nice to see Zone Blitz back in the defensive game plan. I think our schemes will be very similar when we go to Manhattan. We will pressure Freeman...let him know he made a mistake that will haunt him for the next four years. And, we will run the ball against a seemingly tough KSU Defense. We have the two toughest opponents left (Texas, Missouri) in Lincoln. A&M could be a scare game, because we go to College Station, but I don't think A&M is that good. I watched Kansas outplay them for 3 quarters. Not impressed. I like where we are right now. We just need to keep getting better, starting with K State and taking each game individually.

:restoreGo Big Red :restore