Colorado Head Coach Quote

I guess he learned a thing or two from Barnett in that regard

Barney was a scumbag but even he wouldn't say something like this. Actually he usually had compliments for Nebraska as a whole. aside from his whining at halftime last year...

Besides, i'm sure most CU fans would agree that Beating Miami/Florida/Tennessee for championships isn't as great as losing to Montana State....

:laughpound

Keep in mind that Hawkins is a great motivator, it's what he does best and when he does such things his team gets more bang out of it than his opponants. The guys had a bad year thus far but I believe if the CU admin can get their act together he will make the Buffs successful. This isn't all bad. I'm tired of hearing how tired the Big 12 North is. Now with all of OU's trouble the only team in the 12 that gets any respect is Texas.

Huskers on the rise, CU on the rise, Kstate appears to be coming back, KU looking stronger each year. The big 12 could be a real slaughter house for other conferences in the next few years.

I'm sure it was meant as a motivational speech for his team and fans, but yikes...

First of all, it's incredibly tasteless to say something like that in any kind of a public setting. Using that as a speech in the lockers is one thing, but there? All that does is show what kind of low quality person Colorado just hired to take over their program. And the last thing that program needs is another pile of dung added to the heap that represents their football program and fanbase.

Secondly, his team was 0-5 at the time of that speech it seems. 0-5 with a loss to a I-AA team. To be in public and criticize one of the top teams in the conference when your team is the joke of the conference is beyond stupid. Sadly, it appears Colorado and their fans will continue to be the cesspool of the Big XII. Every time I think of their program and fans I'm honestly embarassed to even be in the same conference with them.

Guys, what did he say? I can't get the audio to work on my machine.

It's also close captioned by hand in that video..

He's standing in front of some building with a bunch of HS cheerleaders and some jibberish and then says," the worst days as a Buff are better than the beast days as a (Fill in the blank with your fav. team)" .

I just can't type it...

• 1 month later...