Did we win the last two games????

Considering our record on the road in the last few years, I'll take wins by 14 and 17on the road any day.

This team isn't to the point where we can just blow out everyone. It's hard to accept, but that's really how it is.

I think Callahan, Norvell and Jordan have called two great road games. Control the clock, minimize turnovers. Coz really started getting after Freeman in the second half, which was great. He called two great games to.

With Mizzouri losing, we control our destiny in the north. Can't get much better than that, folks.

Sorry it won't be 1995 ever again. We will get to that level, but right now what counts are the W's.

A win is a win, we won on the road and controlled the games. This is not college football of 10 years ago, where you had elite teams who just walked over everybody. This is college football where every team and confernce is diverse and tough. The talent has stepped up big time in some many schools, that it makes every week a challenge. I love this fact, no more cupcakes walking around.

To all those who think Callahan's playcalling has gone conservative in the second half, I'd like you to consider this:

2 weeks ago Brandon Jackson rushed for over 90 yards in the first half. Last night Brandon Jackson rushed for just under 90 yards in the first half. In each of the last two games Nebraska has established a first half lead by RUNNING the ball down the field and in each game went into halftime with a 14 point lead.

Now my question is what coach in his right mind would GO AWAY FROM WHAT'S WORKING (the running game) to see if he could score more points with the passing game. It makes absolutely no sense.

Any coach whose team has a 90 yard rusher in the first half should keep pounding the ball. Its not playing conservative, its sticking with what's been working. Why would our coaches go into halftime and decide to go away from the run to try to "knock the other team out" when clearly the run has been giving them the most success? Its complete stupidity, and I suspect that if Callahan had made that decision, we'd all still be complaining about what a stupid coach he is. Some people are never happy.

What I find the most amusing about all this is that 2 years ago everyone was complaining that Nebraska should be about power football and none of the finesse passing crap. Now everyone's complaining because Nebraska's playing power football and won't throw it enough. Absolutely Ridiculous.

To all those who think Callahan's playcalling has gone conservative in the second half, I'd like you to consider this:

2 weeks ago Brandon Jackson rushed for over 90 yards in the first half. Last night Brandon Jackson rushed for just under 90 yards in the first half. In each of the last two games Nebraska has established a first half lead by RUNNING the ball down the field and in each game went into halftime with a 14 point lead.

Now my question is what coach in his right mind would GO AWAY FROM WHAT'S WORKING (the running game) to see if he could score more points with the passing game. It makes absolutely no sense.

Any coach whose team has a 90 yard rusher in the first half should keep pounding the ball. Its not playing conservative, its sticking with what's been working. Why would our coaches go into halftime and decide to go away from the run to try to "knock the other team out" when clearly the run has been giving them the most success? Its complete stupidity, and I suspect that if Callahan had made that decision, we'd all still be complaining about what a stupid coach he is. Some people are never happy.

What I find the most amusing about all this is that 2 years ago everyone was complaining that Nebraska should be about power football and none of the finesse passing crap. Now everyone's complaining because Nebraska's playing power football and won't throw it enough. Absolutely Ridiculous.

I agree completely. However, that leads me to a concern. Why do we seem to go flat in the second half? I don't think we can afford to go flat against Texas. I'm concerned that the O line is letting up, getting tired, or something. Maybe the defenses are figuring us out by that time?

I agree completely. However, that leads me to a concern. Why do we seem to go flat in the second half? I don't think we can afford to go flat against Texas. I'm concerned that the O line is letting up, getting tired, or something. Maybe the defenses are figuring us out by that time?

NU doesn't really go flat as much as they keep doing what they did in the first half that worked. You are up by a few touchdowns behind a defense that's playing outstanding. You need to score in the second half, no doubt, which NU did.

The o-line really didn't have that great of a game yesterday in the 1st or 2nd half. They were getting beat to blocks quite a few times or would get pushed into the backfield.

A good example of why you don't want to start throwing the ball vertically is the Kansas game. We score quickly, eat NO clock and make the defense play an ungodly amount of snaps. We all know what happened at the end of that game.

This year, it's obvious Callahan calls a different game when he's home. Although with an opponent like Texas and the talent they have, I'd expect a similar game plan.

So basically if you agree with the game plan, you answered your own questions.