Cally only cares about wins

There is no guarantee that the voters would of moved us up any more with blowout victories the past couple of games. Possibly with beating Kansas without going into overtime we might have moved up a spot or two. But does that really justify trying to run up the score. Look at Tech as an example, they used to blowout sh***y teams and the voters never game them any respect because they didn't beat any good teams. That is what the voters look for. Once we beat Texas this weekend we will have a big jump in the polls. That is what the voters look for, wins against QUALITY opponents, not blowout victories against sh**ty opponents.

Last couple years we've been losing 21-3 on the road, now were winning. Can't complain

:yeah

To the original poster, how is college football really that much different than the NFL? There is a division title. The winners of the 2 divisions play each other. The winner of that game plays in the big money game. Once you lose 1 game, it is pretty much out of the picture for a national title, so we are playing to get into the BCS. If NU ends the regular season 11-1, loses to UT in the Big 12 title, they will probably still get an at large. I don't really see NU having a chance at the title for this season, who knows though, in college football anything can happen.

Anybody watch MNF tonight?

The Cardinals were miraculously ahead by two TD's and had a few more chances to score if they'd stuck with the 8-12 yd passes that got them the lead.

Instead, they ran the ball to keep the ball out of Chicago's offense's hands.

Edgerin James had 54 yds on 37? carries???

I know it's not polite to run up the score...But you also need to insure wins.

To the original poster, how is college football really that much different than the NFL?

I'm not the original poster, but :wtf ???

In college football...(Without a playoff)..EVERY game is Life or Death and MUCH more excitin'. ((Plus you have "Style Points" (ratings) to worry about)).

If you loose 1 game..you have to have help from other teams and/or voters to make it to the MNC.

If you loose another...You have to be lucky to make it to a BCS bowl.

If you loose a third or 4th...You have to be Notre Dame to get a half-decent invite.

Oh yeah..~34 teams end their season with a W..Maybe more if you count the ones not in Bowls.

In the NFL...you just have to coast along and win more than you loose and try to keep everyone healthy.

The REAL season doesn't start until the Playoffs.

I don't think you really understood what I said. The way college football is set up is you win your division, you win your conference, you win a BCS money game. In pro football, you win your division, you win your conference, you go to the playoffs, you go to the super bowl. You quoted what I had to say, said :wtf and then proceeded to say essentially what I explained thereafter. :blink:

Last couple years we've been losing 21-3 on the road, now were winning. Can't complain

:yeah

To the original poster, how is college football really that much different than the NFL? There is a division title. The winners of the 2 divisions play each other. The winner of that game plays in the big money game. Once you lose 1 game, it is pretty much out of the picture for a national title, so we are playing to get into the BCS. If NU ends the regular season 11-1, loses to UT in the Big 12 title, they will probably still get an at large. I don't really see NU having a chance at the title for this season, who knows though, in college football anything can happen.

Anybody watch MNF tonight?

The Cardinals were miraculously ahead by two TD's and had a few more chances to score if they'd stuck with the 8-12 yd passes that got them the lead.

Instead, they ran the ball to keep the ball out of Chicago's offense's hands.

Edgerin James had 54 yds on 37? carries???

I know it's not polite to run up the score...But you also need to insure wins.

To the original poster, how is college football really that much different than the NFL?

I'm not the original poster, but :wtf ???

In college football...(Without a playoff)..EVERY game is Life or Death and MUCH more excitin'. ((Plus you have "Style Points" (ratings) to worry about)).

If you loose 1 game..you have to have help from other teams and/or voters to make it to the MNC.

If you loose another...You have to be lucky to make it to a BCS bowl.

If you loose a third or 4th...You have to be Notre Dame to get a half-decent invite.

Oh yeah..~34 teams end their season with a W..Maybe more if you count the ones not in Bowls.

In the NFL...you just have to coast along and win more than you loose and try to keep everyone healthy.

The REAL season doesn't start until the Playoffs.

I don't think you really understood what I said. The way college football is set up is you win your division, you win your conference, you win a BCS money game. In pro football, you win your division, you win your conference, you go to the playoffs, you go to the super bowl. You quoted what I had to say, said :wtf and then proceeded to say essentially what I explained thereafter. :blink:

Sorry if I repeated you, DJR313..Or misunderstood.

But winning your division in the NFL only gives you home field advantage..Just being above .500 usually gets you to the playoffs.

I took this as an oppertunity to go on a rant about one of the things that makes College Football so much more exciting (better) than the NFL.

And my fear that a college playoff may be inevitable in Div 1...Lessening the importance of every game.

I also wanted to illustrate the obvious danger of "Playing it close".'specially with the shortened game costing each team a possession or two.

If the Cardinals would've kept trying to score out here Monday night, Da Bears Defense would've had to score another touch down (Or maybe their Offense would maybe have to contribute) to win the game. :nanalama

I like the way that Callihan says the same thing every week when asked about the rest of the teams that NU has to play. "We approach every team the same way, one game at a time."

I believe that the KU game woke up the sleeping giant in the Black Shirts and this game will be win by NU 14 TU 3

my opinion