Husker Nation

If college football ended today, and not another game was played, Nebraska would be remembered for its 800 plus wins.....and its five national titles. What would K-State be known for? They would be known as one of the worst programs ever in history. I, as an NU fan, can live with our rep. Can K-State fan live with his?

Not to defend K-State, but the only way they would be remembered as one of the worst teams in history, would be if college football ended in 1989.

What did they do after that that would change that label?

Come on man, I hate KSucks, are you really going to make me list their success from the early 90's on?

Alright, here it is

6 top 10 finishes

11-0 regular season record 1998

Big 12 conference championship 2003

6 11 win seasons

winning or sharing 4 Big 12 North Championships

Yes,they do have an overall losing record in their history, but what Snyder did with that program, has to take them off the list as being one of the worst teams in history.

Now I feel sick for defending a team I hate as much as KSU. Thanks alot man.

If college football ended today, and not another game was played, Nebraska would be remembered for its 800 plus wins.....and its five national titles. What would K-State be known for? They would be known as one of the worst programs ever in history. I, as an NU fan, can live with our rep. Can K-State fan live with his?

Not to defend K-State, but the only way they would be remembered as one of the worst teams in history, would be if college football ended in 1989.

Come on man, I hate KSucks, are you really going to make me list their success from the early 90's on?

Alright, here it is

6 top 10 finishes

6 11 win seasons

Yes,they do have an overall losing record in their history, but what Snyder did with that program, has to take them off the list as being one of the worst teams in history.

Sorry man . My bad.

Alright, here it is

6 top 10 finishes

6 11 win seasons

LOL

They did do pretty well for themselves with Snyder, that's for sure. But people seem to forget they were also below average his final years. He seemed to have lost his touch.

Kansas State became the first NCAA team to lose 500 games in 1988. Then came Snyder....who scored 11 bowl wins and 136 games, as many as his predecessors had won from 1935 to 1988. The Wildcats won the Big 12 one time and played in a BCS bowl twice. How do those accomplishments rectify 53 years of futile play? Looking at those numbers, one would think, that any K-State fan would temper his rhetoric toward Nebraska.

Just a refresher about what NU has been up to....

Nebraska has claimed 46 conference championships and part or all of five national championships: 1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, and 1997. This marked the first time since Notre Dame in 1946-49 when a team won three national championships in four seasons. Nebraska posted a 60-3-0 record between the 1993-97 seasons. ESPN.com has named the 1971 Nebraska Cornhusker team the greatest team of all time.

NU's all time mark, 817–337–40 (.707)

KSU's all time mark, 453–598–41 (.434)

What was that again K-State fan...I can't hear you, I guess I must have a couple of those national championship rings stuck in my ears again.