Not So Fast My Friend...

But the Huskers don't have a featured back - Marlon Lucky and Glenn each have scored six rushing touchdowns and Brandon Jackson and Kenny Wilson have reached the end zone three times. All four players have rushed for more than 320 yards with Lucky's 490 yards leading the way.

This is so misleading IMO. This makes it sound like NU doesn't have an effective run game. If you combine the yardage these 4 guys have produced, it's close to 1,450 yards in 7 games. Most "featured" backs don't have that much yardage. If fact, there are only two running backs who have over 1000 yards up to this point: Garrett Wolfe with NIU (1,398) and P.J. Hill with Wisconsin (1,011).

I'd also like to see one or two Kenny Wilson runs to the outside just to keep the young secondary worried about that aspect of the running game. Texas is too fast for this to be our bread and butter but it would be nice to bust one or two just to keep them hones and keep the field spread. I doubt we'll really rattle McCoy. From what I've seen he's pretty well coached and has the tools to do the job. Cally seams to be content to utilize the TE's in the red zone but not as much on the rest of the field. Thus far it's worked pretty well. If we are to open up the passing game he may need to involve them more. I'm not ready to buy into the whole "poor Texas secondary" yet. It seams that all this talk started after one bad showing. We'll find out on Sat.

It will be interesting to see how each teams pass rush does during the game. Each team has struggled to say the least on getting sacks, thought they both have quite a few hurries.

Not sure where you're getting that idea that our defense is struggling to sack the quarterback.

Texas ranks fifth in the nation in sacks, averaging 3.57 per game.

Nebraska ranks 66th with 1.86.

I'd say that turnovers are going to be a huge factor in this game. We've forced our fair share this season and rank 2nd in the country in turnover margin. Nebraska ranks 11th in the Big XII. I know that stats don't mean much, but our defense definitely has a knack for creating turnovers.

I think we will win this game because last time they came into Lincoln we were horrible, and that team was better than this team, and we should have won that game. This years Husker team is much better, and the stadium will be electric looking for our first top 5 win since 01, so I think it's time! GBR

If any of you think Bill Callahan will have Taylor come out slinging the ball everywhere, I think you are wrong. I think we will work hard to establish the run but will not completely rely on it. We will throw the ball to keep them off balance and to get first downs.

Colt McCoy will have problems because of the electric environment in Memorial Stadium and because of the interesting blitz packages we have been cooking up lately.

That might all be part of Callahan's plan Fife. He has tried to establish the run early during every game this year, so he might change it up this week and throw out of some of our dominate run formations. Just like he has tried to set up other plays by running a certain play over and over again throughout the season.

I hope to see us really open up the play book against Texas. We are going to have to come after them like no one has yet and keep them back on their heels!!!! I don't know how effective we can be running, but we all know their secondary isn't that strong so we should exploit that to help open up the run some..... :restore

I will almost be certian that the play book comes open. I cant wait until saturday to see some trick plays. Calli is good for it. I just have a good feeling about this game.

I hope to see us really open up the play book against Texas. We are going to have to come after them like no one has yet and keep them back on their heels!!!! I don't know how effective we can be running, but we all know their secondary isn't that strong so we should exploit that to help open up the run some..... :restore

I will almost be certian that the play book comes open. I cant wait until saturday to see some trick plays. Calli is good for it. I just have a good feeling about this game.

:yeah

I think if we can shutdown Sweed and force McCoy to throw to someone else then this will be a good game. Hopefully are secondary is ready for such a challenge now. He is McCoys main target and he needs to be eliminated and we also need to get some good sacks and tackles for loss and force some turnovers and we will be golden on defence. We also need to eliminate all passing attempts and force them to rush the ball because that is are stength on D. Offence we need to score early and gain a good lead in the first half and no turnovers the whole game is a must. I say try to run the ball and were down the D line and get the Texas D to start creeping up then start throwing some long balls 60-70 yard pass plays. Then run, pass, run pass. Just get the Texas D confused and not know what is comeing at them next. We have what it takes to win agaist Texas and this is what needs to be done to do it.