our backs in the NFL

godd2

I think that in the long run that this running back by commitee thing will help these kids move on to the next level. It will show their ability to be a team player first of all, something that is lacking often in the NFL. but i think if a coach looks at these kids, he would have to realize that they have taken atleast 1/2 the beating that a normal back takes in college so they will be much fresher as they move on to the next level. I hope that all of our RB's think about this and keep going with the plan our coaches have come-up with.

GO BIG RED! :restore

I think that in the long run that this running back by commitee thing will help these kids move on to the next level. It will show their ability to be a team player first of all, something that is lacking often in the NFL. but i think if a coach looks at these kids, he would have to realize that they have taken atleast 1/2 the beating that a normal back takes in college so they will be much fresher as they move on to the next level. I hope that all of our RB's think about this and keep going with the plan our coaches have come-up with.

GO BIG RED! :restore

You would hope that the NFL would see it that way, however how many times do you hear them talk about being scared to take a guy, wondering if he can 'handle the load'. Sure they've taken 1/2 the beating, but if you're paying a guy millions (even a 3rd down or role player) you want to make sure he can take a beating. If a guy only averages 10-15 carries a game, it's hard to prove the durability.

At one of our games earlier in the year I turned to the guy next to me and told him that I think all of our current running backs have a pretty decent shot at making it to the NFL. He kinda laughed and I think he thought I was crazy. However, I really think our guys do have a good shot at it. I was wondering what you guys think. Do you think that all of our runningbacks have a decent shot of making it to the league? If not, who doesn't and why?

Lucky - Used like Reggie Bush is...sometimes a RB, and somtimes a reciever. I'd want him out away so he can take the chance of breaking one...putting him in the backfield could get him killed.

Jackson - Runs hard, and I think could make a good back if he stays healthly and gets stronger.

Glenn - perfect build for a NFL running back, runs with authority, and has the power to run in the NFL, great shot if he stays healthly and keeps getting better.

Wilson - another good one to think about for NFL, has to get smarter and spend lots of time learning the plays. He has the size, and the speed. He's thought to have the power but needs to work a little harder on it. Good shot also.

All of our backs has a legit shot at it in my opinion...with Glenn and Wilson being the most "NFL-caliber RB". Lucky used as a everything. and Jackson could do different things too (he could play WR also)

I don't know if that thing about "can he carry the load?" question is really a viable question. It didn't seem to hinder Reggie Bush's draft status. It also didn't hurt the two backs from Auburn that came out two years ago, I think. They were both drafted in the top 5 and have done well.

Actually that was a huge question for Cadillac Williams before going into the draft. A lot of experts said that they were really nervous since he has never carried "the load". However, they also said that Cedric Benson may be worn out since he had "carried the load" at Texas for four straight years. As far as Williams was concerned, I don't know if he silenced those critics since he started off hot with a ton of rushes in his first four games and then he got hurt and never really bounced back from his injury.