Pass to Nunn?

Sit Nunn's ass on the bench to think about it for a few games...I don't understand why Maurice Purify isn't in on EVERY single play...he is a playmaker...Nunn is soft and has a history of putting the ball on the turf.

Watching the player interviews after the game..you KNOW they are pissed that Nunn gave the game away...yeah, they're not going to say it, but you KNOW they are thinking it and are pissed at him. Bottom line...Nunn single handedly gave away a Nebraska victory over Texas

Nope. If you blame a player for that, then you have to blame every player that didn't perform throughout the game. The offensive line in the first half for letting Texas penetrate. The interception by Taylor. The failure to tackle.

Each failure contributed to the loss - had each player been "perfect", we would have never been in the situation where we put the ball in Nunn's hands. If you say that Nunn was the sole reason, you're simply ignoring that a lot of other players didn't perform at times - it happens every game.

Word to that. This game was so close with errors on both sides (if that kicker had made 2 of those field goals, etc etc) that trying to pin it on Nunn is ridiculous. Mistakes happen and I would have a hell of a time finding a key player who didn't make one in that game.

Anyway, instead of questioning this call, I'd have to question not going for the huge field goal after the roughing penalty. Big wind at the back... it seemd possible It's like we got a reset switch did the same thing again. Those crazy passes rarely work... very, very rarely.

We'll have their number for the Big XII championship, though ;)

I'll tell you why we don't have purify in on every play...because he doesn't know them. There was a couple of times he was in the game and ran the wrong route. Yes, he is probably the best WR we have, and yes, cally could have just told him the play but why take the chance of a false start or wrong route. If Nunn would have just fallen down and the game was over no one would have said anything. Nunn has experience. It was a right call, the right throw, and he picked up the first down. Great tackle, and too bad the ball slipped out. I dare any one else to take those hits in that weather, and in that situation. They played a hell of a game, and it NEVER is one play which dictates a game. If TX would have tackled purify...if the texas kicker could have kicked one out of the three kicks he missed/had blocked. If...if..if... One hell of a game, and i am not going to continue to dwell on one play. Now we need to win the North, and then talk about texas again.

I'll tell you why we don't have purify in on every play...because he doesn't know them. There was a couple of times he was in the game and ran the wrong route. Yes, he is probably the best WR we have, and yes, cally could have just told him the play but why take the chance of a false start or wrong route. If Nunn would have just fallen down and the game was over no one would have said anything. Nunn has experience. It was a right call, the right throw, and he picked up the first down. Great tackle, and too bad the ball slipped out. I dare any one else to take those hits in that weather, and in that situation. They played a hell of a game, and it NEVER is one play which dictates a game. If TX would have tackled purify...if the texas kicker could have kicked one out of the three kicks he missed/had blocked. If...if..if... One hell of a game, and i am not going to continue to dwell on one play. Now we need to win the North, and then talk about texas again.

i agree whole heartedly.....if we take care of business, we have a chance to go to KC where it will likely be pretty cold (in December) and spank Texass on the ass! we can still make a case for a great finish!

screw the pollsters.....we control our own destiny and that is the way the team should see it too!

The call was fine. First down. Dude fumbled the ball. After contact. Let it go.

What happened to the defense? It is a team sport isnt it? Couldn't the Blackshirts get Nunn's back by stuffing the Horns last drive on four straight downs?

A heartbreak loss that came so close to victory. I see the comeback the Huskers made in the second half and hell if they almost didnt knock the Horns out! It's tough, but gotta move on.

GBR!!!

I think it was a great play call with an unfortunate result! My first thought was to slam Nunn, because that fumble did cost us the game, but I'm glad I took some time to calm down because I watched it over and over again and it was a perfect hit by the UT defender. I'm still pissed that Nunn fumbled it, but I'm glad that BC had the stones to make that call. I think we've proven that we can play with the best and eventually we will start getting some of the breaks in our favor. GO BIG RED!