"Nebraska is back,"

Finally! People on this board are coming to their senses a little bit. We are not back and will not be back for quite some time. An inconvenient truth that I have not seen mentioned on this board is that none of the teams that the huskers have beaten this year have a winning record! In fact, their combined record is 16-28; a whopping 36% winning percentage. The only two teams of note that cornhuskers have played this year, USC and Texas, are not the same teams they were last year and the former has spent the last couple of weeks getting pushed up and down the field by mid-level Pac-10 teams. Except for one drive in third/fourth quarters, Nebraska could not move the ball on USC (I was at the game). In addition, Nebraska didn't exactly drive the ball down the longhorns throats either scoring on a trick play and a busted play by their defensive backs.

The cornhuskers played great last saturday, but unless they are able to handle the ploughboys this weekend (I unfortunately think they will have a let down) and the aggies (better team then most people think) in college station then this talk of "being back" needs to go on a hiatus. To be the best, you have to beat the best and the cornhuskers have not done that of late.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed scarlet and cream and have done so since November 26, 1976 (damn you Elvis Peacock!), but until we post some consistent wins against some formidable opponents, Husker fans should start making reservations for Shreveport.

I agree with most of what you have to say, but Shreveport. The Huskers have a darn good shot of winning the next 4. I don't see Shreveport in the future, I see Dallas or Phoenix in the future.

what do you think, now?

Same thing.

• 5 weeks later...

Finally! People on this board are coming to their senses a little bit. We are not back and will not be back for quite some time. An inconvenient truth that I have not seen mentioned on this board is that none of the teams that the huskers have beaten this year have a winning record! In fact, their combined record is 16-28; a whopping 36% winning percentage. The only two teams of note that cornhuskers have played this year, USC and Texas, are not the same teams they were last year and the former has spent the last couple of weeks getting pushed up and down the field by mid-level Pac-10 teams. Except for one drive in third/fourth quarters, Nebraska could not move the ball on USC (I was at the game). In addition, Nebraska didn't exactly drive the ball down the longhorns throats either scoring on a trick play and a busted play by their defensive backs.

The cornhuskers played great last saturday, but unless they are able to handle the ploughboys this weekend (I unfortunately think they will have a let down) and the aggies (better team then most people think) in college station then this talk of "being back" needs to go on a hiatus. To be the best, you have to beat the best and the cornhuskers have not done that of late.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed scarlet and cream and have done so since November 26, 1976 (damn you Elvis Peacock!), but until we post some consistent wins against some formidable opponents, Husker fans should start making reservations for Shreveport.

I agree with most of what you have to say, but Shreveport. The Huskers have a darn good shot of winning the next 4. I don't see Shreveport in the future, I see Dallas or Phoenix in the future.

what do you think, now?

Same thing.

:thumbs