"Nebraska is back,"

McCoy is not nearly as good as ESPN is making him out to be. We put him in situations where it was easy for him to look good. Our punt return (or lack thereof) killed us today. A couple fair catches put us in position to win the game early. Texas is not as good as everyone thinks. We are the better team. Wait till December....

Props to Texas for the win. NU had the game won but UT did what they had to do to win it. No time outs left, NU gets the first down and is able to run out the clock, game over.

UT forces a fumble, takes the ball down and kicks the game winner.

NU needed to play a mistake free game and they didnt. I counted 5 mistakes (3 punt return no-fair catch) poor choice to throw (int) and the ruffing the passer on 3rd and long.

5 mistakes like that and still lose by only 2 points. NU should hold their heads up. UT did not dominate the game.

The Big Red is well on its way back.

Yes you have to give him some props for his play, but not to the extent that ESPN is taking it.... <_<

McCoy had an excellent game but the constant fawning and incessant lovefest by Davie and Musburger really got old. BTW, is his dad a coach?

Gawd...you guys ain't kidding. I was sick and tired of hearing McCoy this and McCoy that and McCoy has a nice ass and McCoy is cute and "I wish I was McCoy's girlfriend". Made me want to puke :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm :hmmm

I was wondering if anyone else noticed this. These guys should be shot on sight for imitating un-biased announcing. :asshat both of them

i hope ypu are right, but in reality mc coy is a top qb.....we will see him for only 2 more years, as i expect him to go to the draft and forego his senior season.......remember this kid is right out of high school....now next year i expect Sam Keller to be damn near his equal......we shalll see

hunter

"Nebraska is back," Brown said. "For them to keep coming back and back and back -- they made big plays throughout the game to put themselves in a position to win. The team I saw today is probably the one someone will see in Kansas City for the Big 12 championship. I hope we get an opportunity for a rematch."

This is all well and nice, but until we beat Texas and other top teams we aren't back

Actually, the Huskers were 2 minutes and 19 seconds from being back. I can't fault the D. They made the stop. For the Huskers to have to rely on a pass to get two yards with the game on the line says volumes about why they aren't quite back yet. O-Line!

My two cents anyway.

Syzygyone

Finally! People on this board are coming to their senses a little bit. We are not back and will not be back for quite some time. An inconvenient truth that I have not seen mentioned on this board is that none of the teams that the huskers have beaten this year have a winning record! In fact, their combined record is 16-28; a whopping 36% winning percentage. The only two teams of note that cornhuskers have played this year, USC and Texas, are not the same teams they were last year and the former has spent the last couple of weeks getting pushed up and down the field by mid-level Pac-10 teams. Except for one drive in third/fourth quarters, Nebraska could not move the ball on USC (I was at the game). In addition, Nebraska didn't exactly drive the ball down the longhorns throats either scoring on a trick play and a busted play by their defensive backs.

The cornhuskers played great last saturday, but unless they are able to handle the ploughboys this weekend (I unfortunately think they will have a let down) and the aggies (better team then most people think) in college station then this talk of "being back" needs to go on a hiatus. To be the best, you have to beat the best and the cornhuskers have not done that of late.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed scarlet and cream and have done so since November 26, 1976 (damn you Elvis Peacock!), but until we post some consistent wins against some formidable opponents, Husker fans should start making reservations for Shreveport.

Finally! People on this board are coming to their senses a little bit. We are not back and will not be back for quite some time. An inconvenient truth that I have not seen mentioned on this board is that none of the teams that the huskers have beaten this year have a winning record! In fact, their combined record is 16-28; a whopping 36% winning percentage. The only two teams of note that cornhuskers have played this year, USC and Texas, are not the same teams they were last year and the former has spent the last couple of weeks getting pushed up and down the field by mid-level Pac-10 teams. Except for one drive in third/fourth quarters, Nebraska could not move the ball on USC (I was at the game). In addition, Nebraska didn't exactly drive the ball down the longhorns throats either scoring on a trick play and a busted play by their defensive backs.

The cornhuskers played great last saturday, but unless they are able to handle the ploughboys this weekend (I unfortunately think they will have a let down) and the aggies (better team then most people think) in college station then this talk of "being back" needs to go on a hiatus. To be the best, you have to beat the best and the cornhuskers have not done that of late.

Don't get me wrong, I bleed scarlet and cream and have done so since November 26, 1976 (damn you Elvis Peacock!), but until we post some consistent wins against some formidable opponents, Husker fans should start making reservations for Shreveport.

I have to agree with you but I do think this program has made huge strides this season and it only looks brighter for the future. This season still could match us up with a couple of top programs before it's over{ Texas again} and who knows what team we might meet in a bowl game. We may not be all the way back yet but we are headed in the right direction.

GBR!!!

I agree with most of what you have to say, but Shreveport. The Huskers have a darn good shot of winning the next 4. I don't see Shreveport in the future, I see Dallas or Phoenix in the future.

I agree with most of what you have to say, but Shreveport. The Huskers have a darn good shot of winning the next 4. I don't see Shreveport in the future, I see Dallas or Phoenix in the future.

what do you think, now?

neebraska is not back we just lost to the worst team in the big 12 south.....WE SUCK A&* and i dont care until we show we can play with the big boys AND Oklahoma State.

Spoke too soon man. We took one step forward and 3 steps back. In the Army they tell you that you are only good as your last mission. What does that tell us? WE SUCK!