Memorial Stadium rocked

Even though we lost it was a fun and exciting game..the crowd was great...sit in the South Stadium by the students and the crowd was more stunned that we lost then anything.

If there is any justice in the world then

Bevo died a slow and painful mascot death (sorry PETA)

AND

whoever ate the steaks got sick.

Yesterday at Memorial stadium is what college football is all about. I wasn't at yesterday's game, but I've spoke with a few people who were there. The weather, the snow, made it feel special. Cheering after the loss shows that we know what this is all about - a game. The greatest game in the greatest place to play.

It was unreal.

The wind started to kick up, the snow started to fall hard. Like a fellow Husker fan said at the tailgate, "I couldn't have dreamed it better". I thought the, we were going to win. The snow and wind got the crowd really pumped up for the that second to last (should have been the last) drive by Texas.

It was a great day to be in Memorial Stadium.

I sat in the third row of section 16 next to the student section. I have been to many games and the atmosphere was simply explosive. After the touchdown during the 'trick play series' I somehow ended up two rows up and like 5 seats over hugging some some random girl and guy. <---Thats what footballs all about. I can't remember the last time I was that excited for anything. I still feel like we won and I'm still kind of in denial. The fans of BOTH teams were amazing. When I was driving back to my place I fell asleep because I had probably use all of my adrenaline. The only bad thing about this game besides losing, is my voice is still gone this morning.

I was in the newer area of the North Stadium Section 32. I think I magically hurdled a railing behind me on the Lucky TD pass and hugged too many dudes. Like six or seven (there needs to be more women in this section). That being said it would have been great if we had won but since we didnt, I felt dirty afterwards with man-flesh all over me. It was the most electric feeling in the world I was jumping all over the place and the crowd was on fire. I cannot believe it didnt affect the frosh QB but all and all the swirling snow flurries and late comeback on two trick plays one of which I have never seen work(double-reverse) it was the most impressed I have been with this team and fans in a long time. I was and am still hurt by this loss but if ever there was a time you could plead a case for a moral victory(if those exist) this would be it IMHO.