Who do U think NU's Next Heisman will be

I don't think we have a heisman winner on our roster. The heisman is won 95+ percent of the time by a RB or QB.

Lucky: he may have the talent, but with the RB committee will never get the carries. Callahan would have to go all Lucky next year just to prepare for an 08 heisman run.

Keller: like some have said he already has the odds stacked against him. He is a transfer, late in his career. And most heiman winners were 3 or 4 year standouts with their college.

Purify:no chance. Name the last juco transfer to win the Heisman?? or any type of transfer?

The last WR to win was in 91 with Desmond Howard. Yes Charles Woodson played some on offense in 97. Also you had Tim Brown in 87. I think the only way a WR wins it again is if he is reggie bush type player. On top of catching the ball at the WR position:Running the ball a couple of times a game (reverses and such) and returning punts and kick-off's. I just don't see that player in our WR core.

Niles Paul:??? you just don't know how cally will use him.

Out of BCs WCO,

A QB

or RB are most likely

Now, maybe on defense, if we really stock up.

I'm sure once our defense fills out -- meaning our secondary -- that will give more room for more playmakers all around.

I think sometimes people underestimate how weak our secondary is, and overlook the job the D coordinator and others do to cover it up. If we were firing on all cylinders, our defense would probably be the best in the nation at just about everything. But that's easier said than done. Should we fill out the defense, I could see a good player having all the opperunity he needs to make a run for the Heisman, if he's good enough.

I'll take some NCs over a Popularity Contest Trophy winner anyday.

It takes excellent play and be extreamly lucky as far as injuries and how the team fares. Unless you play for the golden homers you have to impress the sh#t out of people and have no letdown.

Personaly I would rather discuss when we will win the next national title. Onec you get the team awards, the individule awards start flowing in.

Patrick Witt might be a canidate by the time he enters his senior season. If he has the ability to master that playbook and beat these guys out.

Like everyone has said Keller has no shot at winning it, and i dont think that was on his mind when he transferred.

Brian hilderbrand has 3 years so who knows.

Agreed with the running back, not with this group unless they go to 1 guy next year and then possibly during their senior season with them getting the majority of the reps.

What I dont like about the Heisman, is that it is given to the best player on the best team. Not the best player in college football.

my opinion is that if you dont play for the national championship you are not going to be considered. and that is a shame because there were plenty of cases where the best player didnt win

Not to rain on anyones parade but as far as Keller goes he hasn't even put on the uniform yet. A year off with no game time does not make for a top performing athelete. Then you must look at who he's throwing too. Any QB would need at a minimum a great O-line and at least two great recievers. A good line and on good reciever just doesn't cut it.

As far as running backs are concerned I don't believe any of them have the talent even with the playing time to get the Heisman. Do you really see an Adrian Pederson, Reggie Bush or anyone in the league of past Heisman candidates. Just look at the guys that were great in our program and didn't get it. Tommy Frazier for example. Do you really think we have these types of players in our program right now? Do you forsee a freshman coming in and lighting things up next year. I have serious doubts.

Lets face it we have good talent but not great and it takes great talent in nearly all positions to get one guy the Heisman. It's and individual award given to one player on a team full of good players.

I only think a wr can win it if he returns punts as well, because he needs a lot of stats or the qb will win it...so I think Keller could be the next winner, and I think he will be in NYC next year, but I don't think he will win it. So I think Lucky when he is a senior. It will be him and Glenn and they could be the Thunder and Lightning duo. I could also see Lucky returning punts so he could have some big days. GBR