"Nebraska Fans ... Best, EVER. "

I know we have the best fans in college football, I've been there, seen it, participated in it. But, I can't help but feel that had the game turned out a little differentely (ie. we won), they wouldn't be saying anything. And that's not a knock at Texas, that's just the way it is. It's a hell of a lot easier to compliment another team and their fans after you beat them, than it is when you lose.

And that my friends, is what seperates us from the rest. We still maintain respect, even when we lose.. at home!

GBR!

I love it. Killing them with Class.

I absolutely love this reputation, and it makes me proud as hell to be affiliated with a program with substance AND style. Do you realize how stupid this makes other jackhole "fans" look, when they run around like hooligans, and we continue to take the higher road. They look like complete derelicts.

And it translates off the field as well guys. Having dignity & class gets you so much farther in life than being an ass. Real life example - I worked for Sprint in KC for 6 yrs, and literally 80% of the skers I met around the company were in executive or upper mgmt level positions. In my organization alone (about 400 ppl), 2 VPs, 1 Director & 3 managers were Huskers. Why? I'd like to think its b/c we're all inherently smarter than everyone else, :) but I have to believe its moreso b/c Nebraskans have such a great reputation for being so sincere & hard-working - and merging that with a solid education results in great things.

I also dont think its a coincedence that Omaha has more Fortune 500 companies than many much bigger cities (KC included), is home to 2nd wealthiest person in the world, and at one time (not sure if this is current), THE STATE had more millionaires per capita than any other state in the country.

Not bad for a state "in the middle of nowhere" with very little if no tourism whatsoever.

Be proud to be a Nebraskan, and the great reputation that comes with it - and at the risk of sounding "un-Nebraskan" - we deserve it.

Be proud to be a Nebraskan, and the great reputation that comes with it - and at the risk of sounding "un-Nebraskan" - we deserve it.

as opposed to being "Un Nebraskan", I think many outside fans, especially from the North division would probably call it "Typical" of Nebraska fans :)

We take a LOT of pride in the reputation of being the "Best" and most gracious fans, and we have no problem telling other fans about that reputation. whether they want to hear about it (again) or not.

As far as the music in the Stadium. first off, AC/DC's Back in Black STAYS. its perfect for the Blackshirts IMO. :bonez

they were whining about not being able to hear the band b/c of the music? I sit in the NE corner and you can't hear the band even when the stadium music isn't playing. The NE corner is straight over from the band so no accoustics there is understandable. I don't know how well you can hear the band anywhere else in the stadium.

I don't know about the rest of the stadium, but the North end was a seriously bad design. The seats were ok, but it takes around an hour to get to them from outside the stadium, and almost as long to get out.

wasn't this addressed after the first game? that, because of the connection to the West and East stadiums, there are actually several entrances but everyone seems to only want to go in/out through a couple of them?

Is it just the pervasive sheep mentality or are the side exits hard to get to as well?

I would suggest some restrooms and concessions within a mile or two of the endzone seats however.

then I would suggest looking directly below the endzone sections, considering that's where most of the restrooms are located.

as opposed to being "Un Nebraskan", I think many outside fans, especially from the North division would probably call it "Typical" of Nebraska fans :)

We take a LOT of pride in the reputation of being the "Best" and most gracious fans, and we have no problem telling other fans about that reputation. whether they want to hear about it (again) or not.

Yeah you're right in some cases - but those are usually the people that need to hear it again b/c they "just dont get it". and could use a reminder. :) My comment was more referring to Nebraskans in general, who are for the most part, very humble.

I know we have the best fans in college football, I've been there, seen it, participated in it. But, I can't help but feel that had the game turned out a little differentely (ie. we won), they wouldn't be saying anything. And that's not a knock at Texas, that's just the way it is. It's a hell of a lot easier to compliment another team and their fans after you beat them, than it is when you lose.

And that my friends, is what seperates us from the rest. We still maintain respect, even when we lose.. at home!

GBR!

:yeah

Hands down, the best fans and college football atmosphere I've ever been around. Everything I had heard about your fanbase was justified. I turned to one of my friends in the fourth quarter and said "ya know what... win or lose, this was the best football trip I've ever taken."

I was actually going to start a post about our trip and let you know how awesome it was but haven't got around to it yet.

I have to say I was also pleasantly suprised by the town of Lincoln as well. Good stuff all around.

Thanks Huskers, I'll be back.

Hands down, the best fans and college football atmosphere I've ever been around. Everything I had heard about your fanbase was justified. I turned to one of my friends in the fourth quarter and said "ya know what... win or lose, this was the best football trip I've ever taken."

I was actually going to start a post about our trip and let you know how awesome it was but haven't got around to it yet.

I have to say I was also pleasantly suprised by the town of Lincoln as well. Good stuff all around.

Thanks Huskers, I'll be back.

Thanks for the feedback C-West --- and just remember, that was even a bit of an "off-day" for tailgating b/c of the weather and gametime. Give us a 2:30 or evening game, and clear skies (cold doesnt matter) and the atmosphere is even better - outside the stadium at least. I would agree that the experience inside was unlike any other.

I'd love to hear more details about your trip when you get a chance, so feel free to start your own thread. Thanks again for being a great visitor to our board, and feel free to come back and shoot the shat about any subject in the future.